The Student Room Group

Man, 20, dies following police pursuit.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meany Pie
No, the ****wit that swallowed them did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

& How do you know that he actually swallowed it and it wasn't pushed down his throat by an officer? Did Rashan tell you or?
Original post by Dodgypirate
You've got some serious mental gymnastics.

[video="youtube;bzJDimvPW1Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y[/video]

You still here, officer?
Original post by cherryred90s
You still here, officer?

Duty calls!
& How do you know that he actually swallowed it and it wasn't pushed down his throat by an officer? Did Rashan tell you or?

I highly doubt he was just going to leave them in his mouth upon arrest for them to be instantly found. Defeats the object of even trying to hide them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because in that case, the officer caused his death.

Don't be silly. The cause would be putting such a stupid and dangerous package down your throat, not a panicked attempt by an untrained person to save him. By your logic paramedics must kill people every day. Why are they all still in their jobs?

I know you claim to be open minded, but you have to justify that by being reasonable in your claims. Such a life-saving attempt (by an untrained person in a panic situation) would never result in prosecution.
I highly doubt he was just going to leave them in his mouth upon arrest for them to be instantly found. Defeats the object of even trying to hide them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He may have tried to hide it in his mouth, under his tongue possibly. It was obviously still visible in his mouth if the officer was trying to get it out.
He may have tried to hide it in his mouth, under his tongue possibly. It was obviously still visible in his mouth if the officer was trying to get it out.

Really, under his tongue? Never heard of people trying swallow drugs before?

The officer saw him put it in his mouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently a couple of people have been convicted before for having paracetamol and caffeine together. Used to cut heroin and increase value. Would explain why he would attempt to swallow the package
Original post by Good bloke
Don't be silly. The cause would be putting such a stupid and dangerous package down your throat, not a panicked attempt by an untrained person to save him. By your logic paramedics must kill people every day. Why are they all still in their jobs?

I know you claim to be open minded, but you have to justify that by being reasonable in your claims. Such a life-saving attempt (by an untrained person in a panic situation) would never result in prosecution.

I am being reasonable.
Maybe it wouldn't result in prosecution, but at least we'd know the definite cause of death instead of speculating.

Let's say an officer suspected that a man was in possession a gun, so he pursued him and threw him to the floor to try and remove the gun, however, the suspect is not cooperating and is resisting. During the resist, the officer accidentally pulls the trigger, killing the suspect instantly. Who would be responsible for the death?
I am being reasonable.
Maybe it wouldn't result in prosecution, but at least we'd know the definite cause of death instead of speculating.

Let's say an officer suspected that a man was in possession a gun, so he pursued him and threw him to the floor to try and remove the gun, however, the suspect is not cooperating and is resisting. During the resist, the officer accidentally pulls the trigger, killing the suspect instantly. Who would be responsible for the death?

If police suspect a gun they call in firearms officers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard about this. And there are riots now, in Dalston. Stupidness if you ask me, getting their cues on how to fight for justice from American tweets.

I'm so sorry but I can't feel bad for anyone who breaks the law and a cop hurts them. If they weren't doing anything wrong and a cop hurt them THEN I will.

What does burning a rubbish bin achieve :lol:

and burning down the area only adds to gentrification because once the place gets remodeled, you can't afford it. I'm from a bad area and I get it so I don't rate foolishness.

That being said before I wised up I did nick and burn **** back in 2011 :biggrin:
During the resist, the officer accidentally pulls the trigger, killing the suspect instantly. Who would be responsible for the death?

The man resisting arrest. The officer would not be blamed by any reasonable person. Someone resisting arrest wilfully incurs the risk of death or injury that may happen to him in the reasonable process of arresting him, and additionally incurs the blame for any injuries that occur to the officer or an outsider.
If police suspect a gun they call in firearms officers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if police suspect a drug, they should take them to the hospital.
Anyway, it's a hypothetical situation. In your view, who would be responsible for the death?
And if police suspect a drug, they should take them to the hospital.
Anyway, it's a hypothetical situation. In your view, who would be responsible for the death?

The one carrying the gun.
Original post by Good bloke
The man resisting arrest. The officer would not be blamed by any reasonable person. Someone resisting arrest wilfully incurs the risk of death or injury that may happen to him in the reasonable process of arresting him, and additionally incurs the blame for any injuries that occur to the officer or an outsider.

So in that situation, you are saying that the man caused his own death by being shot by a police officer? Was it a self inflicted injury? Death by suicide perhaps?
Had it not been for the officers actions, he would still be alive.
The one carrying the gun.

Rightttt
So in that situation, you are saying that the man caused his own death by being shot by a police officer? Was it a self inflicted injury? Death by suicide perhaps?
Had it not been for the officers actions, he would still be alive.

Death by misadventure.

https://www.burnetts.co.uk/publications/blogs/inquest-verdicts-explained

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_misadventure
[video="youtube;e41QT-m8Jks"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41QT-m8Jks[/video]

Welp he's resisting here. The real cause of death is not even the object. It's that he resisted. If he hadn't, the wrestle wouldn't have happened and then no one would've panicked. Real G's calmly get arrested because they have connections to get them outta jail :confused:.

However whether the people detaining him are guilty or not, there's still hatred say in the comments and I think the BLM aren't even protesting the police actions, but they're kneejerking people who consider Charles's death a victory. Which is a pointless fight.
Great watching all the anti police brigade backtrack now
(edited 6 years ago)

So you're expecting the verdict of this case to be deemed as death by misadventure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending