The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Loci Pi
This is for the AQA Level 2 Further Maths IGCSE.

On the GCSE results sheet will it say the amount of marks that I got in the papers? If not is there any way I can find out? Thanks :smile:

Good luck for results day everyone!

I never found out my mark just my grade but I believe that you can ask your school for your mark if you want. On your results sheet you just get your grade.
Reply 2
Original post by daisie
I never found out my mark just my grade but I believe that you can ask your school for your mark if you want. On your results sheet you just get your grade.

Ok. Thank you :smile:
Unsure about that course as they don't use UMS for it, but in the normal GCSEs you should get a UMS mark for each paper.
Reply 4
Original post by Loci Pi

On the GCSE results sheet will it say the amount of marks that I got in the papers? If not is there any way I can find out? Thanks :smile:

Generally, I don't think for any subject they give your mark, your grade only unless they've changed it. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by S2M
Generally, I don't think for any subject they give your mark, your grade only unless they've changed it. :smile:

Some of my exams provided the marks on the results sheet, but none of my IGCSE (I did some IGCSE and some regular GCSE) did. I think, however, that the send your marks to the school, this is what happened with my IGCSE spanish anyway.
Original post by Loci Pi

I don't recall having marks on my GCSE or even my AS-Level results slip. I actually wanted to know my marks on results day so I spoke to the exam's officer who was able to tell me the exact number of marks on each paper I sat on e-AQA. I'd imagine all exam boards have a similar facility?
Reply 8
Original post by Loci Pi

You're welcome. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Blue_Cow
I don't recall having marks on my GCSE or even my AS-Level results slip. I actually wanted to know my marks on results day so I spoke to the exam's officer who was able to tell me the exact number of marks on each paper I sat on e-AQA. I'd imagine all exam boards have a similar facility?

Hopefully my school will tell me. I'm interested to know. I'm in year 10 so I can ask my school's exams officer on the first day back when it is less busy. Thank you :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by maroumarou
Some of my exams provided the marks on the results sheet, but none of my IGCSE (I did some IGCSE and some regular GCSE) did. I think, however, that the send your marks to the school, this is what happened with my IGCSE spanish anyway.

Thanks. I will ask my school's exams officer on the first day back in September.
Original post by Loci Pi
Thanks. I will ask my school's exams officer on the first day back in September.

maybe they'll have it if you're planning to go into school on results day!
Reply 12
maybe they'll have it if you're planning to go into school on results day!

I am going into school on results day but I won't ask until the first day back as it will be busy and I don't want to stress out anyone with my questions lol. I will probably be really nervous or overexcited on results day and I will have hopefully calmed down by September. I could also send an email to my teacher on results day I guess, but I doubt teachers log into their school emails in the holidays :biggrin:
Reply 13

I did iGCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics (not sure why) and I never found out my marks just my grades for those too
Original post by Loci Pi
I am going into school on results day but I won't ask until the first day back as it will be busy and I don't want to stress out anyone with my questions lol. I will probably be really nervous or overexcited on results day and I will have hopefully calmed down by September. I could also send an email to my teacher on results day I guess, but I doubt teachers log into their school emails in the holidays :biggrin:

You only get a grade for the Level 2 cert in Further Maths on your results slip. Your teacher or exam officer could tell you the mark - they may have a list they've downloaded available on Results Day or you may have to wait until they've had a chance to get hold of it.
Reply 15
Original post by Compost
You only get a grade for the Level 2 cert in Further Maths on your results slip. Your teacher or exam officer could tell you the mark - they may have a list they've downloaded available on Results Day or you may have to wait until they've had a chance to get hold of it.

Ok. Thank you :smile:
well u can ask ur school and find out unless if it is a school with rude staff like mine who refuse to tell your mark even though you have every right to know yourinformation
Original post by SarahPatel
well u can ask ur school and find out unless if it is a school with rude staff like mine who refuse to tell your mark even though you have every right to know yourinformation

and they dont have any right to start interogating you like my school as to why you want to know they should jut tell u
and they dont have any right to start interogating you like my school as to why you want to know they should jut tell u

More quality schools would actually have the marks printed on your results when you collect them on results day
More quality schools would actually have the marks printed on your results when you collect them on results day

They are at the mercy of nationally used software that does not include marks for linear results. Downloading marks from different exam boards, collating them and merging out results to a whole year group takes time and is unlikely to be achieved in the little time schools have.

Latest