The Student Room Group

What are the least hardest exam boards for these A levels?

Biology
Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MentalHealthN
Biology
Psychology

OCR
OCR isn't too bad for Biology compared to AQA in my experience, I've heard AQA is the best for Psychology but I don't know that one personally.
Original post by SGHD26716
OCR

Really? OCR gcse was pretty bad
Original post by MedicaAutomata
OCR isn't too bad for Biology compared to AQA in my experience, I've heard AQA is the best for Psychology but I don't know that one personally.

Why is it better than AQA biology? In terms of what?
Reply 5

Apologies I read the thread as hardest exam board

Gets way better, promise you. I hated them at GCSE too.
Apologies I read the thread as hardest exam board

Oh haha so what is the easiest?
Original post by MedicaAutomata
Gets way better, promise you. I hated them at GCSE too.

Thank god!!!
Reply 9
Oh haha so what is the easiest?

Edexcel
Edexcel SNAB for Biology.
Trust me, this year's AS papers were a blessing - Godsend after last year's papers (last year was the first year of the new spec).

Don't do psychology but probably AQA. Not sure about Edexcel Psychology.
Edexcel

Ok thanks:smile:
Original post by sulaimanali
Edexcel SNAB for Biology.
Trust me, this year's AS papers were a blessing - Godsend after last year's papers (last year was the first year of the new spec).

Don't do psychology but probably AQA. Not sure about Edexcel Psychology.

Oh god people are all saying different exam boards. I don't know which to pick!
@MentalHealthN - Regarding Edexcel Bio, there are 2 exam specs.
Edexcel SNAB (Salters-Nuffield A Biology) and Edexcel B (spec B).

I do SNAB and I found it pretty good, I would defo recommend it. Have a look at the spec and papers. If you sat AS this year with SNAB and worked hard, it's a walk in the park, because this year, AS papers were easier as last year the A grade you needed 54% on average only from 2 years. Reckon its gunna be much higher this year!
Oh god people are all saying different exam boards. I don't know which to pick!

To be honest that's kinda the problem with picking exam boards. Most will be easy or hard varying by year, you know? They're A Levels. No matter which you sign up with it's still gonna be a brutal 2 years, to the extent that really it's negligible what board you're on.
I meant from the two papers (in the last line) ^
I agree with @MedicaAutomata - it varies year by year. From what I've heard and my experience, go with Edexcel SNAB.
I do edexcel snab biology and I sat my A2 exams in the new spec this year. Yeah last years AS exams were really hard i came out thinking i'd be lucky to get a D, they seem to have learnt through their mistakes though as this years A2 exams were not as bad! In terms of the course it's really well done, really in-depth and easy to understand, the textbooks are great!
Agreed @Rigby16 ...backs up my point @MentalHealthN
Original post by Rigby16
I do edexcel snab biology and I sat my A2 exams in the new spec this year. Yeah last years AS exams were really hard i came out thinking i'd be lucky to get a D, they seem to have learnt through their mistakes though as this years A2 exams were not as bad! In terms of the course it's really well done, really in-depth and easy to understand, the textbooks are great!

Original post by sulaimanali
Agreed @Rigby16 ...backs up my point @MentalHealthN

I don't understand why everyone is saying new spec? I thought new spec starts in September

Quick Reply

Latest