The Student Room Group

periodic table elements and compounds

hi,
i needed to know which is the best way to understand and be able to revise the periodic table without forgetting any of the elements or compounds.
thanks
Reply 1
The periodic table has no compounds on it.

Also... why?
Reply 2
1. There are no compounds in the periodic table- just elements
2. The best way is probably to find a song on youtube
3. Why are you learning it anyway???
[video="youtube;VgVQKCcfwnU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgVQKCcfwnU[/video]Periodic table song on YouTube
Read, cover, right and check. Do it a lot. Spend an hour or two doing it. Memorise them by group. I did this every year of my undergrad specifically for exams.
Reply 5
Original post by emx_eco
1. There are no compounds in the periodic table- just elements
2. The best way is probably to find a song on youtube
3. Why are you learning it anyway???

hey,
i am going through my GCSE stage at the moment which is why i need to know all about periodic table and the other topics in science but thanks for the tip anyways
Original post by HarmanKaur24
hi,
i needed to know which is the best way to understand and be able to revise the periodic table without forgetting any of the elements or compounds.
thanks

When i learnt the periodic table, i used the periodic table song by asap science and i found it in my ks3 cpg science textbook and it was in alphabetical order so i started from there and just learn each letters elements over the summer. I know your going to start your gcse course and you may not have this book ( i am too btw yay!:biggrin:) so just print out a picture off the list of the elements and use quizzes online and fashcards to test you (btw for gcse science we dont need to know the whole periodic table). I admire your enthusiam to learn it!:smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest