The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TSR likes to call males 16 and under trying to date with someone more than one year between them pedo's

so don't be surprised if it happens.......
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
date yes sex no
No this is pedophile to its extreme! Why would any stable and intelligent person date someone underage!!! Disgusting something is obviously mentally wrong if someone believes it's okay to do so and to answer your question yes it is highly illegal as it should be. It's only a child for god sakes use your head!
I wouldn't say its okay because you are doing your GCSE's shes still in year 9. Also it will be less okay when you are doing your AS levels and she is in year 10.

Legal (aslong as you do not sex) but imo there are so many girls out there that are your age. It would be better to go for someone your age.
It's legal to date but not have sex

Is it any to date? Probably. If you were older or the other person was younger I'd said not okay, but you could easily be just one school year apart. As long as you're both on the same page and you're not pressuring them, I think it's fine as you'll likely have similar maturity levels.
Original post by Anonymous
It's legal to date but not have sex

Is it any to date? Probably. If you were older or the other person was younger I'd said not okay, but you could easily be just one school year apart. As long as you're both on the same page and you're not pressuring them, I think it's fine as you'll likely have similar maturity levels.

*okay to date
Don't smash and you're probably good. Although idk the laws on sexual assault so copping a feel might be dodgy territory too. Do your research, but the actual dating part is fine.

And no it doesn't make the 16 y/o a pedo.
probably fine but don't have sex, she's not legal yet so you could get into trouble
Date? No official legislation saying you can't

However from a moral/social point of view it may be seen as wrong, potentially by her friends, and some people in your age group who may think weirdly that you can't date within your age-group.

Sex?
Not for another 2 years I'm afraid.
I personally don't see a problem with it, he may be legally able to have sex but as long as nothing sexual happens between you, it's fine. Two years between children is not that different tbh.
That's fine. The legal age for sex doesn't mean as soon as you become 16 you turn into a rational human adult from a dumb kid. It's intended so that someone much older and more mature doesn't abuse someone of a younger age.
Reply 12
I don't know if it's legal but tbh, as long as both people consent to being in the relationship and don't have sex, I don't see the problem. There are people, adults, that I know that have a 10 year age gap between them, or even more.
i agree
Original post by SJB_
I don't know if it's legal but tbh, as long as both people consent to being in the relationship and don't have sex, I don't see the problem. There are people, adults, that I know that have a 10 year age gap between them, or even more.

Even 10 years isn't that large an age gap compared to some relationships out there, one of my best friends who I met through work is 53 (I was his supervisor at the age of 21, was quite the hilarious workplace relationship, he once drunkenly told me I was the best boss he'd ever had), his girlfriend is 28, and they started going out when she was 20 and he was 45!
Reply 15
To put it short.... NO
Dating isn't illegal sex is. Plus there isn't a minimum age on dating dumb ass
Bc I am dating this girl who’s 15 and. Iam 16. Is legal for us to date ?
Age ÷ 2 + 7 = Youngest age you should date.

In your case that's 15.
I just turned 14 and my friend's older brother(16) basically asked me out at my party... when i asked, he said he isn't interested in body only but personality too. We have a lot in common and he can make me smile (all i need in a guy), and he's not awkward when we were discussing boys, sexuality and 'girl stuff'. Also i haven't been in a relationship since i was 6 and my friend has been trying to hook us up since he told her how he felt. What should i do?

Latest

Trending

Trending