The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Mature or postgrads starting 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey. I'm erick and I'm 25. I got accepted to Notts masters in science in public health but I'm unsure if I should accept there offer or accept the offer to do my masters at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine for public health (LSHTM). I hate these kind of choices. I have visited Nottingham and it's beautiful and the university is amazing.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by sonalitomar7
Oh I'm Block-7 :smile:

Hi. I'm 25 and starting my Masters this September. My room is in Madison Court, block 8.
Reply 42
Hey, I'm 29 and looking very much like I'll be starting a Plant Science course in September, so I'll be based on the SB campus.
I count as most mature of all - 48! Starting MA International Relations in September. I live in Nottingham and I'm considering the option of renting out my house and moving into postgrad halls just for the hell of it and to help me focus on Being A Student rather than the normal me.

What do you think? Is that ridiculous when I've got a three bedroom house and garden only five miles from the campus?

Alternatively I'm going raise a bit of income by renting out a room to a student/student couple and maybe put another room on airbnb. The house is 25 minutes from campus by bike, 15 by car, but takes two buses. Do you think anyone would fancy it for the sake of more space and fewer rules? It's in Ruddington, only 15-20 minutes into the city centre by regular bus, got a Co-op supermarket, 6 pubs, OK shops etc.
cycle route.PNG

Looking forward to meeting fellow postgrads and sharing what it's like to be actually proper old. But not that old.
Reply 44
Original post by Jon_e_g
I count as most mature of all - 48! Starting MA International Relations in September. I live in Nottingham and I'm considering the option of renting out my house and moving into postgrad halls just for the hell of it and to help me focus on Being A Student rather than the normal me.

What do you think? Is that ridiculous when I've got a three bedroom house and garden only five miles from the campus?

Alternatively I'm going raise a bit of income by renting out a room to a student/student couple and maybe put another room on airbnb. The house is 25 minutes from campus by bike, 15 by car, but takes two buses. Do you think anyone would fancy it for the sake of more space and fewer rules? It's in Ruddington, only 15-20 minutes into the city centre by regular bus, got a Co-op supermarket, 6 pubs, OK shops etc.
cycle route.PNG

Looking forward to meeting fellow postgrads and sharing what it's like to be actually proper old. But not that old.

I'll also be doing my MA in International Relations this September at Nottingham uni(as a 24 year old though) 😆!

Pm me if u want chat on fb or something else.
Original post by old_lady
Pfft, youngsters

I'm 38 and starting a social work degree in september.

Pffft, youngster! I'm 48 so I win the big prize :smile: All fellow postgrads have to call me grandfather and give up their seat for me at every opportunity
I'm 31 and starting at Nottingham to do my postgrad in Brain Imaging. I'm a local lass though so I'm commuting from home and it's probably not okay to abandon your husband and child to move into halls anyway... haha!
Reply 47
Hi ! :smile: I'm 22 and I'll be doing a master in marketing in septembre ! My room is in Madison court, block 8. Anyone doing the same master?
Reply 48
Original post by Yasse
Hi ! :smile: I'm 22 and I'll be doing a master in marketing in septembre ! My room is in Madison court, block 8. Anyone doing the same master?

25 doing the marketing msc too
Reply 49
Original post by Yasse

Original post by Al92

22 and also doing marketing msc. Will be staying in block 8 madison court :smile:
Original post by anneli
22 and also doing marketing msc. Will be staying in block 8 madison court :smile:

Hey. I'll also be staying in block 8. Which flat is yours?
Reply 51
Original post by Al92

Hey! where will you be staying?
Reply 52
Original post by anneli

Oh that's great ! What's your room number?
Original post by jeromewilliams
I'll be 24 when I start in September. I'm doing Clinical and Molecular Microbiology and staying in Raleigh Park

I'm 21 and I'll be doing the same degree starting in september :smile:
Original post by SmallFryxox
I'm 21 and I'll be doing the same degree starting in september :smile:

The first person I've met doing the same course
Original post by jeromewilliams
The first person I've met doing the same course

Literally same I can't seem to find anyone else
Reply 56
Original post by NewRes45
Hey. I'll also be staying in block 8. Which flat is yours?

I'm I'm 058A. What about you?
Reply 57
Original post by Yasse
Oh that's great ! What's your room number?

Mine is 058A. Which one is yours?
Reply 58
Original post by anneli
Mine is 058A. Which one is yours?

Yay found my first roommate ! I'm 058C!
Original post by anneli
I'm I'm 058A. What about you?

I'm 57D. Guess we're neighbours!

Quick Reply

Latest