The Student Room Group

Starting uni - what are you most excited about?

Scroll to see replies

Meeting new friends and taking up new hobbies, all while studying a subject I love.
A fresh start. Finally leaving home. Meeting new people. Getting a really good qualification that will enable me to have a good life
Independence, new friends and a degree that will set me up for life in the US.
Most excited to move out and become more independent. I struggle living at home and want to move on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
At age 44 I am really not bothered about the social aspect, more that I am so looking forward to studying something I am extremenly interested in and that will lead me down a whole new avenue in life! Very excited!
Reply 65
aged 28 - like the post above i'm excited to study something i'm interested in, to open up some decent opportunities. i'm also excited about moving somewhere new and meeting new people.
Reply 66
Probably decorating my new room and getting a fresh start with a bit of space between me and the family
Reply 67
Independence and meeting new people and to study, learn and advance
Do what subject I wanted to do
I'm looking forward to being more independent
Fresh start! Finally believing in myself, pushing myself, and studying something I've always wanted to study!!:smile:
I'm most excited about meeting new people, leaving home to gain independence and responsibility, and mainly not having my parents nagging me 24/7 :biggrin:
Being more independent and making friends.
Meeting new people
Original post by Durhamgirl96
Independence, new friends and a degree that will set me up for life in the US.

If you're planning to go to the US, wouldn't Newcastle Uni be more recognised than Northumbria?
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
If you're planning to go to the US, wouldn't Newcastle Uni be more recognised than Northumbria?

I didn't get the grades due to personal issues.
I didn't get the grades due to personal issues.

Ahh OK. I applied to Newcastle in Adjustment, from Access, and they're a lot more flexible when they're trying to hurriedly fill spots. So if you just didn't apply, you could have more luck.

I know plenty of people who have done well from Northumbria too, so don't worry. I was just being nosey.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Ahh OK. I applied to Newcastle in Adjustment, from Access, and they're a lot more flexible when they're trying to hurriedly fill spots. So if you just didn't apply, you could have more luck.

I know plenty of people who have done well from Northumbria too, so don't worry. I was just being nosey.

I did an Access course, but I had undiagnosed adult ADHD at the time and my work was late because I struggled. I did get a conditional offer from Newcastle but thought Northumbria was ultimately more realistic of a goal and turned down the offer.
Reply 78
Going back to halls for the final year of my undergrad after doing an exchange in Canada and being away from Bangor uni for 16 months (feels similar to when I first started after a break this long), can't wait to meet new people in halls, freshers week, learning fascinating things, getting more involved in the societies, and being in endless pursuit of the perfect night out.
I did an Access course, but I had undiagnosed adult ADHD at the time and my work was late because I struggled. I did get a conditional offer from Newcastle but thought Northumbria was ultimately more realistic of a goal and turned down the offer.

Yeah, I did something similar and stuck with my lower offer anyway in the end. Just some food for thought if you fancy shooting off an email.

Good luck with it all.

Quick Reply

Latest