The Student Room Group

Are you thankful for Hitler and WW2?

I myself believe it is much of the worlds eternal luck that Hitler, indirectly, sucked the british and other european countries dry allowing the colonies to gain Independence, from what i am sure without ww2 the countries would have been subject to perpetual and infinite slavery if they had remained strong. Because even though may have claimed to have freed the people from their tyrannical rule for altruistic reasons it is well known that their main motive was that sucking the natives dry became unprofitable, although the french did fight some brutal wars to continue their brutal suppression of colonies, but ho hum they are the great beacons of 'freedom' and 'human rights' now.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yup I'm thankful that millions of innocent people were murdered in cold blood for no other reason than their ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation etc man like Hitler what would have we have done without him?
Original post by hamzakalinle
yup I'm thankful that millions of innocent people were murdered in cold blood for no other reason than their ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation etc man like Hitler what would have we have done without him?

You missed the point completely i am thankful for him instigating WW2 and freeing people from colonial regimes were JUST AS BRUTAL as the nazi one.
Original post by crosssafley
You missed the point completely i am thankful for him instigating WW2 and freeing people from colonial regimes were JUST AS BRUTAL as the nazi one.

k, which colonial regime killed as many people as the Nazis did?
I'll wait.
it's a stupid question - your question should be something along the lines of, "did some good things come out of WW2?"
k, which colonial regime killed as many people as the Nazis did?
I'll wait.
it's a stupid question - your question should be something along the lines of, "did some good things come out of WW2?"

Belgian british spanish all killed far in excess than the german one.
Belgian british spanish all killed far in excess than the german one.

source?

and not in the same time frame as the nazis did- they went through, what, 11 million people in less than a decade.

all these other nations held colonial rule for decades if not centuries.
Wait.
This thread isn't sarcastic? :confused:
source?

They did actually. Just Google King Leopold II in Congo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State
Original post by ClearSky
Wait.
This thread isn't sarcastic? :confused:

No friend just hope people realise that without ww2 much of the world would be dust and its citizens completely ruined. :smile::smile:
LOOOL I thought this was a joke. NO I am not grateful for Hitler OR WW2.
You're delusional.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
They did actually. Just Google King Leopold II in Congo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State

Screenshot 2017-08-06 at 6.29.52 PM.png

meh, firstly they're estimates that vary pretty wildly so you've got the question the reliability of the figures, and 2 of the 3 estimates are less than death toll of the Nazis, so, there's that.

and, don't know y you felt like you had to ignore this point, the murders of the Nazis took place over a far tighter timescale, we're talking about 6-ish years, under a decade no doubt.

these murders took place over a period of about 23 years.

so even though there may have been more people killed under this regime, the deaths were far more concentrated during the Nazi regime and so it might be safe to say more people were being killed b the Nazis on a day to day than this regime, and had they not been beaten who knows how astronomical the figures could have been.
You make a valid point however, I do not think you should have titled the thread in this way considering there will be people on this website who's grandfather's etc were killed in WW2 and a title like that is quite disrespectful.
Original post by Boredom101
You're delusional.

So you would happily live in excruciating poverty in the british raj or the equally pleasant belgian congo???? None of these countries would be free without ww2 and if u are of dark complexion u would have to bow down to ur white masters for the rest of time.
No friend just hope people realise that without ww2 much of the world would be dust and its citizens completely ruined. :smile::smile:

decolonisation probably would have occurred with or without WW2 regardless, I mean, the ball was already rolling pre-1939;

"Decolonization, as a political process, had been taking place for several decades prior to the end of WWII in 1945. Britain, for instance, had granted independence to South Africa in 1910; and had passed the Statute of Westminster in 1931, which granted most political independence to Australia; Canada; and New Zealand."

and if WW2 was the sole reason that decolonisation occurred, why were some colonies only grated independence nearly 20 years after the end of the war?
Surely if the war was sooo cataclysmic we would have seen an instantaneous period of total decolonisation.

and the fact that you ignore the mass fatalities and atrocities of the war and focus only on this one positive is indicative of just how oblivious you are.
So you would happily live in excruciating poverty in the british raj or the equally pleasant belgian congo???? None of these countries would be free without ww2 and if u are of dark complexion u would have to bow down to ur white masters for the rest of time.

The Nazi's were planning on taking over Africa anyways? Hitler ALREADY looked down on black people for their complexion even in prisoner of war camps where the Germans treated black people as lesser beings. So your point right there is irrelevant.
As for the poverty, are you seriously insinuating that the loss of millions of people's lives was a good price to pay in order to end this poverty?
decolonisation probably would have occurred with or without WW2 regardless, I mean, the ball was already rolling pre-1939;

"Decolonization, as a political process, had been taking place for several decades prior to the end of WWII in 1945. Britain, for instance, had granted independence to South Africa in 1910; and had passed the Statute of Westminster in 1931, which granted most political independence to Australia; Canada; and New Zealand."

and if WW2 was the sole reason that decolonisation occurred, why were some colonies only grated independence nearly 20 years after the end of the war?
Surely if the war was sooo cataclysmic we would have seen an instantaneous period of total decolonisation.

and the fact that you ignore the mass fatalities and atrocities of the war and focus only on this one positive is indicative of just how oblivious you are.

I think it shows just how powerful these colonial powers were that even after getting their asses handed to them by old hitler they still controlled other countries. So definitely without ww2 then decolonisation would be delayed infinitely! Also all those countries you listed are effective sister states of britain made up of people descended from that country. And their independence wasn't even true independence as they were commonwealth realms that had some control from uk.
I myself believe it is much of the worlds eternal luck that Hitler, indirectly, sucked the british and other european countries dry allowing the colonies to gain Independence, from what i am sure without ww2 the countries would have been subject to perpetual and infinite slavery if they had remained strong. Because even though may have claimed to have freed the people from their tyrannical rule for altruistic reasons it is well known that their main motive was that sucking the natives dry became unprofitable, although the french did fight some brutal wars to continue their brutal suppression of colonies, but ho hum they are the great beacons of 'freedom' and 'human rights' now.

No.
Wouldn't say I'm grateful, but it was thanks to Hitler that the world is how it is today.
Original post by Boredom101
The Nazi's were planning on taking over Africa anyways? Hitler ALREADY looked down on black people for their complexion even in prisoner of war camps where the Germans treated black people as lesser beings. So your point right there is irrelevant.
As for the poverty, are you seriously insinuating that the loss of millions of people's lives was a good price to pay in order to end this poverty?

I should have renamed it hilter starting ww2, i know hitler hated people who werent white i am saying that if ww2 didnt happen i wouldnt be here by now because i doubt my country would have developed sufficiently under the british for internet and other technology to be attainable by the general population. WW2 saved the rest of the world, i am not condoning it, i am merely mentioning that without it asia and africa would be a milennia behind europe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending