The Student Room Group

work 15+ hours a day [90hr week] AMA

Scroll to see replies

How much did your uni help with the process? As in you said you go to a semi target, if you went to a non target do you think you would've still got the internship?
Where do you work
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Where do you work

He's in the investment banking division of an investment bank in London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gr8wizard10
work weekends too mostly, shoot away

How much do you earn?
How much do you earn?

£1000 per second
Original post by I am 1/Cos(C)
Do you have to go back to university for a final year or is this your full times job?

yes, still have to complete my 3rd year

Original post by LifeIsFine
How much did your uni help with the process? As in you said you go to a semi target, if you went to a non target do you think you would've still got the internship?

i don't know, but i reckon it has something to do with filtering, as no non-targets (if any) are represented in my divisions summer class this year

most are oxbridge iirc

Where do you work

How much do you earn?

london

~pro rata base salary of a first year analyst at an bulge bracket investment bank
haven't heard of them, not sure if they are even an investment bank..

im at one of the bbs, to provide a little more clarity

Was for a firm called fisher investments, just something finance related

from a thread back in 2015?
Original post by Joshale
from a thread back in 2015?

possibly made an application, i've made a lot back in the day. have never interviewed/worked with that company before, again, i don't even think it's a bank. name doesn't sound familiar. sounds like a broker
not alot, street pays c.£50k base (+10-15% bonus) and a £5k sign on for juniour m&a analyst.. (that being said, it progresses rather quickly 3-4 years in you're on 6 figures all in).

most people burn out after their analyst stint, i say i wouldn't but then again.. i don't know what the future holds. i'm already interviewing with some buy-side funds to see if i can skip the 2-3 year banking process

you'd be surprised at how much the human body can take.. i usually average 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and am fully functioning for the day.. when you are idle however, it can seriously kill.. but if you're kept busy that sense of adrenaline and urgency to complete work keeps you up..

most people drink a lot of coffee.. but as above i'd recommend just ensuring you keep busy

what makes people burnout geezer, the hours or something else
Original post by sortmeoutgeezer
what makes people burnout geezer, the hours or something else

pretty much, i think after a year or two the learning kinda flattens out too, so you'd probably want to do something new
pretty much, i think after a year or two the learning kinda flattens out too, so you'd probably want to do something new

Hmm I currently feel I'd do any job for that kind of money, wouldn't really care if I'm not learning new things but I am currently a naive 18 year old not knowing a lot about the industry atm

geezer
work weekends too mostly, shoot away

Have you heard of the working time directive?
Original post by james813
Have you heard of the working time directive?

you sign out of it 'opted out'. doesn't apply to me.
Original post by JohnGreek
What did the Econ/Finance undergrads on your uni apply for in general? Did they try for IB, or go for other sectors?

no idea to be fair. but the few people on my course i did hang around with mostly got roles in banking (ib and s&t)/asset management/big 4 consulting.. so quite a broad range within financial services

Quick Reply

Latest