The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dear Sociology Teacher,
Why did you disappear just before exams?
Are you okay?
Dear Math "Teacher",
**** you. yo had us for 3 years (year 9 to11) in all that time i lernt nothing from you but thats not a suprise seeing that you didn't teach us. Makng us go throught a book then mark our own work is not teaching.

Do you even know how to do your job? you obviously don't let me enlighten you set a lesson come up with a few problems explane how to do somthing go througth a
few probes with usbring peopl up to the bird to do a few problems then give us a work sheet or get us to do some problems on the subeject from the book oh and mark our work/home work. thats how yo shoud teach what you did was not thaching thanks to you FAILD my math GCSE as i ahd the mat skills of someone in year 8 so **** you.
Dear form teacher
Thank you.
Thank you for that time that you let me cry with you for hours, the day after my best friend attempt suicide.
Thank you for being concerned about my health and happiness.
Thank you for being the only one to acknowledge my depression (before even I came to realise my deteriorating mental state).
Thank you for being so understanding when I was signed off from school by my doctor (you were the only one).
Thank you for sitting in my living room for 2 and a half hours, doing absolutely nothing whilst I sat my English language GCSE in my pyjamas.
Thank you for making me realise that the boy I was in a relationship with was no good, and gave me horrendous 'love' bites for no other reason other than to claim me as his own.
Most of all thank you for believing in me even when, I gave up believing in myself.
Thank you.
Dear French teachers - all 4 of you

I can actually speak reasonably fluent French now. And that's made a big day to day difference in my life, and has in turn enabled me to work in French-speaking Africa and make a difference there. Thanks for teaching me - when I started year 7 I didn't know a word and everything I learnt was down to you and your efforts. Thanks for persevering even when noone else wanted to learn.

I got the impression you sometimes felt it was a thankless task, trying to teach a language that no-one wanted to learn and that noone was going to remember. But I would love you to know what a difference you made for me.

Merci beaucoup!
If I was to send a letter to one of my college teachers it would probably be my biology based units teacher and it would go along the lines of this...

Dear teacher,
Well you're supposed to be a teacher but you are from it. Over the last two years the whole class has struggled to gain the grades that they need from your units and we have grown tiresome of your choice of topics, such as your slug talks that you attend to in the evenings and those horrible moths that you love so much.
Everyone believes that you waste our time whilst in your class, especially when you get us to do the pointless exercises that end up in our recycling bin or that time that we watched a whole episode of the coverage of Crufts!
A part of a teachers job is to mark the work of their students. Yes you have done this BUT we were given a certain time period to complete our coursework within which was set by you, and so the set time for you to return our grades to us was within three weeks of the due date. I can say that you have not, except maybe one time over the two years, given our grades back to us within those three weeks. When we do get the results back it looks as if you have rushed marking it, had given everyone all of the pass criteria and then proceed to mark the merit and distinction criteria harshly, failing some people and then not allowing the said people to apply to retry for the criteria that they need to meet.

Rant over,
Rebecca
Dear teacher,

Please write me a good reference.
Dear technology teacher

I have a massive crush on you.
Dear English teachers,

God bless your souls!
Dear Computing Teacher,

I feel like it would've been a better use of my time and energy to catch up on my sleep rather than trying to stay awake during your lessons. And yeah, we all knew that you were actually playing World of Warcraft when you were meant to be teaching us. You left the projector on.

Dear Maths Teacher,

If I had a pound for everytime you said "this is new to the GCSE" over the last 3 years, I would be so rich that I would never have to work, thus making my GCSE (if I obtain one thanks to your 'teaching') in maths irrelevant.

Dear Business Teacher,

You know how you wasted a lesson telling us the story of how you accidentally drank poison? It'd be great if history could repeat itself.
Original post by charlie.gardiner
Dear form teacher
Thank you.
Thank you for that time that you let me cry with you for hours, the day after my best friend attempt suicide.
Thank you for being concerned about my health and happiness.
Thank you for being the only one to acknowledge my depression (before even I came to realise my deteriorating mental state).
Thank you for being so understanding when I was signed off from school by my doctor (you were the only one).
Thank you for sitting in my living room for 2 and a half hours, doing absolutely nothing whilst I sat my English language GCSE in my pyjamas.
Thank you for making me realise that the boy I was in a relationship with was no good, and gave me horrendous 'love' bites for no other reason other than to claim me as his own.
Most of all thank you for believing in me even when, I gave up believing in myself.
Thank you.

Original post by rainbowcthulu
Dear Computing Teacher,

I feel like it would've been a better use of my time and energy to catch up on my sleep rather than trying to stay awake during your lessons. And yeah, we all knew that you were actually playing World of Warcraft when you were meant to be teaching us. You left the projector on.

ooh busted! Haha rookie error with the projector! did anyone ever say anything?1
For my convenience, the teachers have been named for the subjects they taught.

Dear Mr Chemistry and Mr Physics, thank you for basically saving my additional science grade. You may have been gone for a while each, due to your leg problem and heart issues respectively, but I doubt I'll ever forget about how Mr Chemistry bet his mortgage on a carbon question being in any paper of your choosing, and wasn't. Oh, and "is that how wars start?"

Dear Miss Biology, you are lovely lady but you just can't teach. I think our class learnt more from the text books than we did yourself. It also says a lot that you thought we were doing triple science, so gave us the wrong papers often and once thought you should have us when we actually had English revision.

Dear Miss Mathematics, for you I can thank you for a decent grade and the fact that I'm pretty sure three people are going to get a 9. Also, thanks for letting us talk during lessons.

Dear Mr English, I appreciate every hand written thank you card you gave us and now all I can hope for is the grade I need in English. You were also the one who helped me talk to the woman who helps those who needed it. And I needed it. Thank you.

Dear Mr Geography and Miss Geography, sorry I cheated a bit on the keyword tests. Also, the cake on the last day was amazing Mr Geography.

Dear Miss Computing, you were great in teaching us the theory of the subject. It was a shame you rubbed off the cartilage of your left thumb so was away for practically half the year. I hope my sort-of-brother achieves the grade he wants next year as well. You did amazing for my class, where I'm pretty sure I was the only one who was literate.

Dear Mr Philosophy and Ethics, I have finally worked out how we are still evolving. So, hah! Also, I hope you win that A* bet.

Dear Mr Form Tutor, I hate you. We all hated you. I feel bad for those that will have you for another four years. F*** you.
Dear Form Tutor,
Wasn't your biggest fan, but thanks for letting me unofficially move groups, listening to my rants about the many failings of the school. You were alright.

Dear Head of Year,
Thank you for making me cry and telling me I didn't care after a set of not great mock results, convincing me I was apathetic when I wasn't and destroying any self confidence I was beginning/ could hope to muster. Also shoutout to the dozen of promises you made to me in front of my parents only to never act on any of them or speak to me again for the rest of the school year. You epitomised the way the school failed so many of my year group.

Dear Drama Teacher 1,
You were great but just disappeared. Where did you go? Bye, I guess?

Dear Drama Teacher 2,
Thank you. Your patience cannot be understated. Thank you for treating us like humans and not just exam robots, for understanding when we needed breaks and being a legend. You kept me sane, made me laugh and go me through a subject I grew to not care for. Thanks for it all.

Dear English Teachers,
To my main one- thank you for never giving up on me. You held me accountable and refused to let me fall to the wayside. Every re write, every late homework you held me to. Thank you.
To the rest of you- you were my favourite department (except the head of Year) thanks for breakfasts, all the effort you put into our revision in class. I hope it all paid off.

Dear French Teachers 1&2,
To number 1- learn French and how to mark assessments for the spec you teach.
Number 2- why did you have to leave? Shortest amount of time was with you but you were 100% my favourite of the crappy Teachers we had.

To French Teacher Number 3,
Thanks for ignoring me in class, pulling me out of history (10 lessons consecutively) to do controlled assessments I had to repeat out of class anyway, disregarding any other subjects any of our class took as important and contributing very little to my French GCSE and being completely heartless when I was upset by a bad result that I worked hard for. Frankly, the head of languages (Spanish teacher) did more than you.

To the RE teacher who didnt teach me,
Thank you. For keeping my faith in the school. Making me not feel like a failure when I was denied early study leave and for being great in my last year. You will be greatly missed. And for making my most hated subject fun.

Dear Maths Teacher,
...I tried. You were a good teacher. But you missed stuff out we needed, and couldn't keep our class under control (to be fair it was disruptive af). Let's hope for a good results day.

Dear Science Teacher,
Thanks for being a comeplete lad. For laughing with us, joking with us and not understanding physics with us. Seriously though I am convinced you taught yourself P7 before you taught us. Let's not forget the re assuring that I needed before the exams. Cheers for that.

PS the whole school is convinced your having an affair with one of the PE staff. Can we get some clarity on that? Please?

Dear RE Teacher 1,
Lessons were funny but I learnt very little. Still you got me from a D to a B so thanks.

Dear RE Teacher 2,
Much as I liked you as a person your lessons were dull. I learnt a lot though. So thank you.

Dear History teacher,
Thank you for your support during year 10, marking the extra papers I did and for the motivational talk right before exams began. It meant a lot.

To the Head of History,
Thank you for making me laugh, re assuring me at the end of each exam, and giving me help and resources when I asked. You are the reason I'm taking A Level History.

Dear Mr Bruff and Primrose Kitten,
You weren't my Teachers but I feel obliged to thank you both for saving my grades and giving me more confidence before each exam. Especially to Mr Bruff who got in on the meme action on twitter after each exam.
Original post by summer1311

ooh busted! Haha rookie error with the projector! did anyone ever say anything?1

We would've, however then he probably would have spent more time 'teaching' us.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
It was so good! Each week one of us would bake/buy cake for the others to share :ahee:

OMG our physics teacher used to do that. We would look forward to class and we made other baked sweets too.
(edited 6 years ago)
Dear miss form teacher,
You were very rude to me. I remember the time I was in year 8 and there was a new girl. You told my two best friends to show her around but that I should not as we would 'look like a gang'. I also remember the time when I had a detention and you decided to tell the whole class with a gasp which was followed by gasps and shouts from the rest of the class. Miss form tutor please stop being so annoying!
Dear history teachers:

I got really freaking lucky - thanks for marking all those essays I did! >-<

Dear head of UCAS:
Thanks for letting me take the EPQ a year early and for moderating it with no complaints, even though you were swamped with work

Dear Dr R:
You are legitimately the best teacher I've ever met, and staying at my sixth form was worth it bc it meant getting taught by you<33333
Dear music teacher,
I'm very sorry I didn't take gcse music, if I had known such a fantastic teacher was coming I probably would have. I'm not entirely decided about a level but this year you have given me the confidence to think I might actually be able to do it. But not only have you shown me I am good at music, you have helped with every other problem I've thrown at you. Despite the fact you just tell me to get a grip, just knowing that someone as interesting and inspiring as you are always there to talk to has made me feel so much better. I honestly can't thank you enough for all you have done this year, here's to a another (hopefully) good one!!
Original post by ScarletCelestia

Dear Mr English, I appreciate every hand written thank you card you gave us and now all I can hope for is the grade I need in English. You were also the one who helped me talk to the woman who helps those who needed it. And I needed it. Thank you.

Original post by whyyyyy

Dear English Teachers,
To my main one- thank you for never giving up on me. You held me accountable and refused to let me fall to the wayside. Every re write, every late homework you held me to. Thank you.
To the rest of you- you were my favourite department (except the head of Year) thanks for breakfasts, all the effort you put into our revision in class. I hope it all paid off.

English teachers seem to be good'uns :smile: I want english dept breakfasts!
Original post by summer1311
English teachers seem to be good'uns :smile: I want english dept breakfasts!

My English teacher also once gave myself and about eight others detention with himself at a lunch time. We all got biscuits (Maryland Choc Chips, Bourbons and Viamese Whirls) and he let me work on my speech (for the subject itself) for the next day. We were allowed to talk. It wasn't much of a detention, really.
Mine would have to be a confession:
Dear maths teacher,
i failed harder than last year.

Latest