The Student Room Group

TSR Premier League Predictions 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Onde
I think this scoring is workable, because it won't be too much of a headache to notice if someone has correctly predicted a surprise result/score.

yeah should be fine, you think 3 points and 6 is okay and not overly generous? I don't think they'll come up all that much tho tbh, it's not often someone goes totally against what everyone has predicted tbh. Usually between everyone more than one person will have the same score/result.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Onde
:tongue: aggh...I just don't know. It seems to be that if you have 3 points for a unique prediction, then it would be similar to having a choice between a 100% chance of 1 point, or a 33.33% chance of 3 points: i.e. if you think a result is more likely than a 33.33% probability and no one else has predicted it, you should predict it. That seems problematic to me - I think it would lead to endless circles of people editing their scores at the very least. Perhaps if you just limit the bonus points to unique scores rather than unique results, that would not be so problematic.

haha I see your point.

So..1 point correct result, 4 points correct score, 6 points correct score no one gets?
Reply 22
Original post by joey11223
haha I see your point.

So..1 point correct result, 4 points correct score, 6 points correct score no one gets?

I'd say 1,4,5 would be more preferential split :smile: But I like that yea.

If there was 2 on offer for a unique result, it would be more incentive to pick a risky score. And at the same time, not too much incentive that would mean people just go random.

I'd personally go for 1 for correct result, 2 for unique correct result, 4 for correct score, 5 for unique correct score.
subscribing as interested
Is there a post for each gameweek or will it all be done here? Also will we be tagged each week if there are new posts.

In if allowed aha
Reply 25
Original post by Chichaldo
Is there a post for each gameweek or will it all be done here? Also will we be tagged each week if there are new posts.

In if allowed aha

yeah anyone can join man, it'll all happen in this thread, each gameweek the new set of matches will be posted up and the score so far in a post and excel document so you can see how everyone is doing.

I'll quote everyone each week, should remember all people but maybe have it in time to check back if you don't think you've done your scores for that week but haven't been quoted for some reason.
yeah anyone can join man, it'll all happen in this thread, each gameweek the new set of matches will be posted up and the score so far in a post and excel document so you can see how everyone is doing.

I'll quote everyone each week, should remember all people but maybe have it in time to check back if you don't think you've done your scores for that week but haven't been quoted for some reason.

All right, sounds good. Cheers ^^
Reply 27
Are people going to be that obsessed? :tongue: Though of course even if they did that's a gamble they can take. Popular predictions are there because odds wise they're more likely to occur, if you want to make all yours unique it'll probably back fire in the long run. I would imagine most people don't base their predictions on what everyone is doing but look at form/injuries etc.

Tbh I'm open to anything if there's agreement. Obviously least effort for myself would be looking at 4 for a correct score instead of 3. I could introduce my two methods, or we could go with goal difference as you suggest (more work but doable). Or just leave it as is of course.

If other regulars want to comment over the next couple of days and I'll get an idea on the consensus?

this could get messy but proud of you son for taking this on!x
In
In
Reply 30
Right just to clarify so it's not overly complex we're going with 1 point for a correct result, 4 points for a correct score and 5 points for a correct score if you're the only one who gets it (updated front page).

If you guys don't mind I'll participate myself as well, if you'd prefer it that if hypothetically I won anything it was passed to second place that's no problem.

So it begins folks!!!

Spoiler

GAMEWEEK ONE...

Arsenal - Leicester
Watford - Liverpool
Chelsea - Burnley
Palace - Huddersfield
Everton - Stoke
Southampton - Swansea
West Brom - Bournemouth
Brighton - Man City
Newcastle - Spurs
Man Utd - West Ham
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
I'll kick it off with my own predictions, obviously many of you will know the format, if new folks could try and keep it looking like this (best idea is to copy/paste someone and just change the numbers) it makes it easier for me to look at haha.

Arsenal 3-1 Leicester
Watford 2-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 3-0 Burnley
Palace 1-2 Huddersfield
Everton 2-1 Stoke
Southampton 2-1 Swansea
West Brom 1-1 Bournemouth
Brighton 0-4 Man City
Newcastle 1-5 Spurs
Man Utd 3-1 West Ham
here's mine

Arsenal 2-0 Leicester
Watford 1-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 4-0 Burnley
Palace 1-0 Huddersfield
Everton 3-1 Stoke
Southampton 2-0 Swansea
Brighton 0-5 Man City
Newcastle 1-3 Spurs
Man Utd 3-2 West Ham
Arsenal 2-1 Leicester
Watford 0-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-0 Burnley
Palace 1-1 Huddersfield
Everton 2-0 Stoke
Southampton 3-1 Swansea
Brighton 0-3 Man City
Newcastle 1-3 Spurs
Man Utd 3-1 West Ham
Arsenal 3-1 Leicester
Watford 2-3 Liverpool
Chelsea 4-1 Burnley
Palace 3-0 Huddersfield
Everton 4-1 Stoke
Southampton 0-1 Swansea
West Brom 1-2 Bournemouth
Brighton 0-4 Man City
Newcastle 1-2 Spurs
Man Utd 3-1 West Ham
Reply 35
Arsenal 2-0 Leicester
Watford 1-3 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-0 Burnley
Palace 1-1 Huddersfield
Everton 2-0 Stoke
Southampton 2-0 Swansea
West Brom 0-0 Bournemouth
Brighton 0-3 Man City
Newcastle 1-2 Spurs
Man Utd 3-0 West Ham
Arsenal 3-1 Leicester
Watford 1-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 Burnley
Palace 2-1 Huddersfield
Everton 3-1 Stoke
Southampton 2-1 Swansea
Brighton 1-4 Man City
Newcastle 0-4 Spurs
Man Utd 2-1 West Ham
Reply 37
Arsenal 2 Leicester 0
Watford 0 Liverpool 1
Chelsea 2 Burnley 0
C.Palace 2 Huddersfield 0
Everton 2 Stoke 1
Southampton 3 Swansea 0
W.Brom 1 Bournemouth 1
Brighton 0 Man City 3
Newcastle 1 Spurs 2
Man Utd 2 W.Ham 1
Reply 38
sorry,didnt use the format!how embarrassing.
Arsenal 3-0 Leicester
Watford 0-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 Burnley
Palace 2-0 Huddersfield
Everton 2-1 Stoke
Southampton 1-1 Swansea
Brighton 1-3 Man City
Newcastle 1-3 Spurs
Man Utd 2-0 West Ham

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply