The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think you're expecting too much to happen too quickly. These things take time - you're at a good uni with plenty of guys on other courses, you just have to look for them. Join societies, go to parties, talk to people and be sociable. Basically just enjoy yourself and take care of your health. Let things happen naturally. You're only 19 and just started uni - things are not all that bad for you so don't get ahead of yourself.
Reply 21
I could say the same about myself, my thoughts we're the same, I just figured maybe one day I'll meet a girl I like,
Reply 22
"I don't like talking to guys but I want to talk to guys.

What do I do?"
Reply 23
Original post by 0zzu
"I don't like talking to guys but I want to talk to guys.

What do I do?"

As I guy myself, I think you should talk to a guy your attractive to, insaying this you won't know until you see his views in life, and we like being wanted,
Reply 24
Original post by Aaron879
As I guy myself, I think you should talk to a guy your attractive to, insaying this you won't know until you see his views in life, and we like being wanted,

Did you not see the quotation marks? It was a joke on the original post...
Hi I’m 19 and I’m a I’m looking for a girl friend
Relax, you're only 19.

Be confident in yourself, esteem yourself, I'm sure you have many good qualities you can offer, you have many nice things about you, you are lovable. deserve nice things and I'm sure you have a wonderful personality.

You can try online dating, speed dating, joining social clubs, meeting guys through education, through work, through your social network, going to bars, coffee shops, flirting and going out,
You have literally just written down what I’ve been thinking for months... Like you ive just finished my first year at uni. I was living away from home as well and i was living in a flat with all girls who i didn’t really talk to much. I’m 19 too.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm 19, nearly 20, and I've never had a boyfriend, I've never even dated - I'm at the end of 1st year of uni and still nothing's happened. I suppose it doesn't help that I was in an all-girls school and my course is 80% girls. I don't think I'm entirely hideously unattractive, I always make an effort with my clothes/make-up/hair and I have plenty of friends so I don't think I'm a terrible person either!
I just haven't 'liked' any guy I've met in uni in that way - or anyone actually, in a few years now - I don't know if there's something wrong with me or I have this idealised/romanticised ideal of love (based on films/tv) that's someone's going to take my breath away etc etc - do people actually experience that in real life?

I think I'd have to get to know someone a bit before I could like them in that way?
I guess I'm also a bit shy, which probably doesn't help. Not in an extreme way but I'm not the type to start conversations with random people, or if I was at a party i'd probably just stick with my friends instead of talking to strangers. Tinder or getting with random people at clubs isn't really my thing (no judgement to people that do, I just don't want to) - I feel like that limits my chances a lot.

I also get really nervous talking to guys one on one, even like on the bus lol. Although I would like a relationship I get so terrified that they're going to ask me out or something and if I don't like them like that I won't know how to respond - so I never really get to know guys anyway, and I feel like I'd need to know them to like them like that. I know that sounds like I'm expecting every guy to ask me on a date and have some over inflated ego but I definitely don't - it's never even happened once :redface: but it's just some really weird irrational fear.

I'm not miserable at all but I just worry that other people will think there's something wrong with me, whenever I go home from uni one of the first things friends ask about is boys etc. It's the same at every family gathering - which is frankly embarrassing.

Any advice?
Reply 28
Mate, I'm 20 and never had a girlfriend! Stop complaing..
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't really have any advice for you but I wanted to let you know that I am also 19 and have never had a boyfriend. Now that Valentine's day is coming up It is really gonna hit you but remember that there are plenty of people like you in the world for example me. I know that you will find someone and If they don't come strolling into you life maybe consider online dating. I mean it couldn't hurt.
Reply 30
This is exactly I’m going through. All my friends talk about their love life but I don’t have anything to say, everyone thinks I’m too choosy but it’s just that I’ve not found the right guy that I like and I’m gonna be 20 next year. Do I have to be a chatty person to have a boyfriend 😔I’m fed up
I am a 16-year-old boy who has never been in love. could You fall in love with me?
I am a 16-year-old boy who has never been in love. could You fall in love with me?

Latest

Trending

Trending