The Student Room Group

Who else wants to do Theology and Religion at University?

Hi, anyone out there who wants to do this course at university. I would love to hear where you want to apply etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
At Glasgow or other UK unis. I need more info please.
Reply 2
Original post by Nyeko RO
At Glasgow or other UK unis. I need more info please.

Hi, nice to meet someone who wants to do it. As so few do.
What subjects do you take at A Level?
What grades do you think you will get?
If you don't mind me asking.

Any specific questions you have?
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply
Yes I did science subjects (PHYSICS CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS/ICT) and hoping to attain pretty good grades ( my results will be given back in April 2017).
However, i'm much interested in studying Humanities ( theology and religious) though I can manage science quite well but i'm more content with relating my own experience with the Mystery , God. Naturally and honestly I understand Him very much relating with man and thus this withdrew my desire to take theology and religious study though I didn't do divinity at A level but I feel a correspondence, love and happiness with theology in relation to Humanities. Currently i'm looking for a way to get started in accordance to His own Will and I pray always for this yearning. Thanks alot. I'm very interested to pursue a BA in art, theology and religious study in the UK university come what may, i'm a believer!
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply
Yes I did science subjects (PHYSICS CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS/ICT) and hoping to attain pretty good grades ( my results will be given back in April 2017).
However, i'm much interested in studying Humanities ( theology and religious) though I can manage science quite well but i'm more content with relating my own experience with the Mystery , God. Naturally and honestly I understand Him very much relating with man and thus this withdrew my desire to take theology and religious study though I didn't do divinity at A level but I feel a correspondence, love and happiness with theology in relation to Humanities. Currently i'm looking for a way to get started in accordance to His own Will and I pray always for this yearning. Thanks alot. I'm very interested to pursue a BA in art, theology and religious study in the UK university come what may, i'm a believer!

You're very welcome. Sounds excellent. But I must say I'm rather surprised to see someone taking Science A Levels and is interested in Theology. Nevertheless, I think you're making a good decision. I currently do Religious Studies at A Level and half of the course is Developments in Christian Theology and it is truly fascinating. I myself am also a strong believer and believe very much that Theology and Religion is a calling for me.

You have said Glasgow as one of your choices. Have you looked at Durham' Theology and Religion degree. It is truly captivating and compared to other universities, fairly low A Level requirements.
Reply 5
Great!
Don't worry, God has known all you need. The spiritual correspondence to this course to you, to me is His communication to us .it's not our ideas but God's own desire for His own Will for His known ones. You will surely pursue it.He knows you.
I'll check also Durham, thanks for informing me.Blessing
Reply 6
Great!
Don't worry, God has known all you need. The spiritual correspondence to this course to you, to me is His communication to us .it's not our ideas but God's own desire for His own Will for His known ones. You will surely pursue it.He knows you.
I'll check also Durham, thanks for informing me.Blessing

Thank you :smile: you're welcome.
Reply 7
Helo Aaron quite a long time!! How are you?? I know these days there are some terror cases in the UK but I know we shall stand stronger against those who are against us. yes I am not in the UK but I have felt UK being my home and hopeful destination, I am always with UK and I'll always be for UK for in God's own will. everytime I am getting all breaking news and info about the UK because I love UK and follow everything closely, we are united, we are one. Tell all that they are not alone Someone is keeping all of us from the hands of the enemies. we are never intimidated because God lives. Best of all!! Good luck...
Reply 8
Helo Aaron quite a long time!! How are you?? I know these days there are some terror cases in the UK but I know we shall stand stronger against those who are against us. yes I am not in the UK but I have felt UK being my home and hopeful destination, I am always with UK and I'll always be for UK for in God's own will. everytime I am getting all breaking news and info about the UK because I love UK and follow everything closely, we are united, we are one. Tell all that they are not alone Someone is keeping all of us from the hands of the enemies. we are never intimidated because God lives. Best of all!! Good luck...

Hello Nyeko, it has been some time. Yes there has been too many attacks in such a short time. Just terrible. The UK is a strong and prosperous island, so you have a good goal to aim for, to come here!

Yes the Lord is with us all, throughout the world. God bless!
Reply 9
dear Friend,
PEACE with you.
I continue to stand for UK in my heart and for my brothers and sisters. God is here now and so we live, for everything is His. God is protecting UK now because He knows beyond humans because all reality is existing now and He knows them beyond us. God bless UK more, God bless people of UK, God bless you. United we remain with God first.
Reply 10
dear Friend,
PEACE with you.
I continue to stand for UK in my heart and for my brothers and sisters. God is here now and so we live, for everything is His. God is protecting UK now because He knows beyond humans because all reality is existing now and He knows them beyond us. God bless UK more, God bless people of UK, God bless you. United we remain with God first.

Much appreciated - thank you my friend. May God be with you!
Reply 11
Hi! I'm also looking to study Religion and Theology at Uni too! I've looked at applying to Durham, Exeter and Cardiff so far, and even though it's not as highly rated as the others if compared to the whole of the UK, i'm probably going to try and go to Cardiff as i've had a look at what modules they offer and i really just like the outline of the course. I currently do Religious Studies, Biology and Chemistry at AS Level, as well as Welsh Bacc which some uni's take as an A-level. I'm on the WJEC exam board and they've made the RE A-level completely horrible (but i like it) as it contains so much challenging content, however being a completely sciencey person, i love RE and i can genuinely say what i have learnt this year i have applied to my everyday life without realising. I also want to teach so i'll hopefully be able to teach in RE eventually too! Good luck with your studies!:biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by paisc
Hi! I'm also looking to study Religion and Theology at Uni too! I've looked at applying to Durham, Exeter and Cardiff so far, and even though it's not as highly rated as the others if compared to the whole of the UK, i'm probably going to try and go to Cardiff as i've had a look at what modules they offer and i really just like the outline of the course. I currently do Religious Studies, Biology and Chemistry at AS Level, as well as Welsh Bacc which some uni's take as an A-level. I'm on the WJEC exam board and they've made the RE A-level completely horrible (but i like it) as it contains so much challenging content, however being a completely sciencey person, i love RE and i can genuinely say what i have learnt this year i have applied to my everyday life without realising. I also want to teach so i'll hopefully be able to teach in RE eventually too! Good luck with your studies!:biggrin:

That's just excellent. I mean Theology is such a captivating subject, that ecompases everything vital in our world. People have the misconception that it's soley spiritual based. Far from it! It covers history, anthropology, languages, literature etc. So you're making a good choice to take it.

They're excellent unis, don't know as much on Cardiff but will have to have a look.
Also, I've heard that WJEC board is not to be underestimated. Quite a challenging board in general.
Good luck with your AS'
Reply 13
Original post by Aaron2515
That's just excellent. I mean Theology is such a captivating subject, that ecompases everything vital in our world. People have the misconception that it's soley spiritual based. Far from it! It covers history, anthropology, languages, literature etc. So you're making a good choice to take it.

They're excellent unis, don't know as much on Cardiff but will have to have a look.
Also, I've heard that WJEC board is not to be underestimated. Quite a challenging board in general.
Good luck with your AS'

I was talking to my teacher today about studying it beyond A-Level, and that's exactly what she said, it's a mix of many subjects, which ables you to develop so many different skills and really expands your knowledge on religion in terms of these subjects.
I'm quite biased but I agree that the WJEC are quite challenging, they love asking us the most simplest of things in the worst way possible but I guess a lot of people feel like that towards their exam boards!
Reply 14
Original post by paisc
I was talking to my teacher today about studying it beyond A-Level, and that's exactly what she said, it's a mix of many subjects, which ables you to develop so many different skills and really expands your knowledge on religion in terms of these subjects.
I'm quite biased but I agree that the WJEC are quite challenging, they love asking us the most simplest of things in the worst way possible but I guess a lot of people feel like that towards their exam boards!

It really does. It's a really fascinating subject to study :smile:
Don't they just. I mean I do a range of boards AQA, OCR, WJEC.
But WJEC has to be by far the more challenging one, it seems so simple but it's far from it.
I do! Planning on applying to Bristol and Exeter - visited them both and really liked them. They both had really diverse courses and both had historical aspects to their cities.
oh well! The best for you!!! long awaiting for me too in pursuing the course... credibly love it.

Tried only Bristol and Exeter?
(edited 6 years ago)
oh well! The best for you!!! long awaiting for me too in pursuing the course... credibly love it.

Tried only Bristol and Exeter?

I went to Durham, but I didn't like the feel of the place. I also went to Nottingham, and that was great, but the course wasn't as good for me.

Thanks btw x
...wishing you well to find your best.
Thanks.
...wishing you well to find your best.
Thanks.

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending