The Student Room Group

I can't remember my GCSE results

Hi all,
I want to apply for an Access course then go on to Nursing but I can't remember my GCSE results and they need English and Maths C. Maths is fine I'm certain about that but I'm not 100% sure that I got a C in English. I left school 15 years ago and have only had two employers in that time so I threw my certificates away during a house move thinking I'd never need them.

Does anyone know how I could get my results? Oh, my school closed down about eight years ago so I can't go there. I suppose at some point I'll have to show something with my grades on so is there a way of getting a copy given that my school isn't there anymore and I don't have anything for them to search for apart from my name?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you
Original post by DeejahSab
Hi all,
I want to apply for an Access course then go on to Nursing but I can't remember my GCSE results and they need English and Maths C. Maths is fine I'm certain about that but I'm not 100% sure that I got a C in English. I left school 15 years ago and have only had two employers in that time so I threw my certificates away during a house move thinking I'd never need them.

Does anyone know how I could get my results? Oh, my school closed down about eight years ago so I can't go there. I suppose at some point I'll have to show something with my grades on so is there a way of getting a copy given that my school isn't there anymore and I don't have anything for them to search for apart from my name?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Do you have a tough idea what your exam board was? You might be able to Google who did the exams from your area. I found out that both edexel and aqa did the exams for most of Yorkshire.
You might be able to get your results from the exam boards you did your exams with, but I'm not fully sure.
I think they store results so you can request for certificates if you've lost them so I'd try to contact them and see
(edited 6 years ago)
I had this problem, but thankfully my school was still open. The exams office was doubtful they'd have any of my details still, but lo and behold they had a statement of results stored, which is what I've been using for my proof to college/university.

I would suggest racking your brains and try and remember the exam boards you sat with and giving them a call, they'll know your grades but you'll have to pay for new certificates. If you cannot remember the exam boards, I'd just ring them all :P
If you know the exam board(s) you took your exams with then you could go through them to apply for a replacement certificate which will list all the subjects you took and grades.

You will have to pay for a new certificate and you will have to know the exam series that you received those grades in
Thanks everyone.

I've had a look and I'm pretty sure they were AQA and Edexcel so I've been on their sites and they both have a process for getting a copy so I'll do that. £43 a pop though!!
Thanks everyone.

I've had a look and I'm pretty sure they were AQA and Edexcel so I've been on their sites and they both have a process for getting a copy so I'll do that. £43 a pop though!!

That's the price for stupidity. Of course you need those certificates.
Thanks everyone.

Ouch! That's rough! Perhaps just order the important ones that you need (core subjects and ones relating to what you wish to study)

Original post by Lmacwilliam

There's no need your attitude... I've not once needed my GCSE certificates.
Original post by Lmacwilliam

Yawn
Original post by Apple2017
If you know the exam board(s) you took your exams with then you could go through them to apply for a replacement certificate which will list all the subjects you took and grades.

You will have to pay for a new certificate and you will have to know the exam series that you received those grades in

how much would this cost in total roughly?

Quick Reply

Latest