The Student Room Group

Let's Talk: Nursing 2017 Entry

Hey, Let's talk about Adult, Child, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities Nursing/ Applications/ University choices/ Literacy and Numeracy Entry tests (Calculator and Non-Calculator/ Upcoming interviews (MMI's and Face to face interviews)/ Offers received/ Firm and Insurance Choices/Withdrawals.

You name it, let's talk about it! :smile:

A little about me; I have applied for Adult Nursing at Anglia Ruskin University, University of West London, University of Essex, University of Bedfordshire and of course my first choice London South Bank University!

Looking forward to talking to you all soon :wink:
Reply 1
UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!

In total 3 unsuccessful applications and 1 withdrawal and 1 OFFER YAY!!!

Feel free to ask questions I may not have all offers but I can advise on what not to do in applications and interviews and so on!
When one door closes another opens I know how it feels! :wink:
Well done!! I confirmed my place for MH nursing at anglia ruskin cambridge. I am so excited 😀
Reply 3
Original post by 123moonlight
Well done!! I confirmed my place for MH nursing at anglia ruskin cambridge. I am so excited 😀

Congratulations, it's so exciting, are you March or Sept 2017 intake?

I want to get things sorted all in good time lol!

I was unsuccessful for Anglia Ruskin - Adult Nursing :frown: So well done on getting an offer! :smile:
Original post by nelfran29
Congratulations, it's so exciting, are you March or Sept 2017 intake?

I want to get things sorted all in good time lol!

I was unsuccessful for Anglia Ruskin - Adult Nursing :frown: So well done on getting an offer! :smile:

It is very exciting and September intake. Yes me too I have already applied for accommodation!

Ah Keele rejected me too and I really wanted to go there and I was so nervous everywhere would reject me! But now I think I would rather go ARU anyway! I believe everything happens for a reason, as long as we make the most of our opportunities it will be a great experience before our careers! :smile:
Reply 5
It is very exciting and September intake. Yes me too I have already applied for accommodation!

Ah Keele rejected me too and I really wanted to go there and I was so nervous everywhere would reject me! But now I think I would rather go ARU anyway! I believe everything happens for a reason, as long as we make the most of our opportunities it will be a great experience before our careers! :smile:

I'm all for that, I'm so happy I'm glad we have time to get ourselves sorted and that we're both happy with our offers and I do believe that everything happens for a reason. A good reason, We were chosen by universities who saw something in us and gave us a chance that for me sticks and that's where my loyalty lies, will you be applying for student finance if you are the applications don't open until beginning of March which is like 2 weeks away not long at all. I'm so happy I've got my offer and it's on UCAS. I just hope we both hear from the university soon just to advise next steps and advice on when to and how to apply for DBS and when to sort out occupational health because this will delay is starting placement I want everything done in good time and we certainly have that lol! It's just nice no more waiting on UCAS TRACK for an update I've chosen my firm choice now so it's confirmed wanted to get it out of the way so that's done, something less to worry about lol. I am trying to find people on here in the same boat as me, can't find anyone lol, I'll keep looking!!! After 3 rejections and 1 withdrawal I finally got what I wanted, took time but I got there in the end I guess we both did. We deserve more than a simple pat on the Back lol. Do you know what your university process is like then. I think I need to wait for emails or something I could be waiting till August if that. Waiting game I guess lol
Reply 6

Hey how long did you have to wait for an offer from anglia?
Hey! I was made a conditional offer at Anglia Ruskin University for Child Nursing. I didn't even think I was going get an offer! Now I have to get everything done in a month and it's been so stressful!
I need to find accomodation, send student finance, already sent my personal statement, need to translate my GCSE certificate (Im portuguese) and take the IELTS or ELP test. I'm so worried about this.
Reply 8
Original post by nadiacarvalho
Hey! I was made a conditional offer at Anglia Ruskin University for Child Nursing. I didn't even think I was going get an offer! Now I have to get everything done in a month and it's been so stressful!
I need to find accomodation, send student finance, already sent my personal statement, need to translate my GCSE certificate (Im portuguese) and take the IELTS or ELP test. I'm so worried about this.

Good luck @nadiacarvalho and congrats on your offer, I'll be doing adult nursing at london south bank, I hope you get all your things done in time, all I need to wait for is my occupational health appointment then I'm ready to start, my DBS is done too I'm so excited :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending