The Student Room Group

Didn't apply for maintenance loan only tuition loan..

However, I now want to apply for maintenance loan as well. When I look on the website it says that it will take at least 6 weeks as my entire application will need to be evaluated. Is this still the case if my tuition loan has still been approved and sorted? Does anyone know if it will affect my tuition one or not!! Thanks x
Hi

If your application is already approved and you go into your account to add a maintenance loan the application will go back to processing (awaiting validation) and it usually goes back to approved status overnight and a notification of entitlement with your new funding sent to you the next day, however that can't be guaranteed therefore the 6 week timescale is in place (it would only take up to 6 weeks if for some reason an assessor has to manually assess it but that isn't likely if the app is already approved and the only change you have made to the application is to add the maintenance loan)
Reply 2
Original post by murpo
Hi

If your application is already approved and you go into your account to add a maintenance loan the application will go back to processing (awaiting validation) and it usually goes back to approved status overnight and a notification of entitlement with your new funding sent to you the next day, however that can't be guaranteed therefore the 6 week timescale is in place (it would only take up to 6 weeks if for some reason an assessor has to manually assess it but that isn't likely if the app is already approved and the only change you have made to the application is to add the maintenance loan)

Thank you so much!!
Original post by RosieJoy
However, I now want to apply for maintenance loan as well. When I look on the website it says that it will take at least 6 weeks as my entire application will need to be evaluated. Is this still the case if my tuition loan has still been approved and sorted? Does anyone know if it will affect my tuition one or not!! Thanks x

Hi RosieJoy,

Just a few questions to clarify.

Are you looking to apply for a Maintenance Loan for the new academic year 2017?

Can I also ask if you requested to be income assessed, for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan on your original your application?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi RosieJoy,

Just a few questions to clarify.

Are you looking to apply for a Maintenance Loan for the new academic year 2017?

Can I also ask if you requested to be income assessed, for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan on your original your application?

Thanks

It would be for this year.

I don't think my income was assessed though in the original application as I only applied for a tuition loan.

It is not a desperate necessity but would be really useful for things like travel.
hi, how did you apply for your maintence loan because I want to do the same but dont know where to find it on student finance? x
I'm also struggling to find the apply for maintenance loan button! I wasn't aware I could apply for it tbh - I started the course in Sept 2017 but was hopeful I could apply still and receive back pay which would be mega useful!Can anyone help???
Original post by Mugsiemoo
I'm also struggling to find the apply for maintenance loan button! I wasn't aware I could apply for it tbh - I started the course in Sept 2017 but was hopeful I could apply still and receive back pay which would be mega useful!Can anyone help???

Hi Mugsiemoo,

You can make changes to your application online, in the Loan amount section it will show you how much that you have already requested and ask if you wish to change the amount for both the Tuition Fee Loan and the Maintenance Loan.

If the system will not allow you to make those changes online, we have no access to specific accounts on The Student Room, if you call us we can send you out the request forms by post,

Tel: 0300 100 0607
(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday. Local call rates apply).

Regards Rona
Hi ive applied for student finance 2 days ago and i only applied for tuition fee loan, which ive submitted. However, i have now come to realise that i would benefit from maintanence loan too. How can i apply for maintenance loan as their is no option to do so.
Hi,

Are you a UK national applying for an undergraduate course?
Is your course distance learning?

Thanks, Tégan
Original post by Qwerty20001
Hi ive applied for student finance 2 days ago and i only applied for tuition fee loan, which ive submitted. However, i have now come to realise that i would benefit from maintanence loan too. How can i apply for maintenance loan as their is no option to do so.
Reply 10
hey, same issue here, i’ve only applied for tuition fee loan but now i’m realising I need the minimum maintenance fee loan too and i’m not sure how to apply for it and uni starts on monday :frown: i’m a uk national and living at home doing undergraduate adult nursing course
Original post by Spupil
hey, same issue here, i’ve only applied for tuition fee loan but now i’m realising I need the minimum maintenance fee loan too and i’m not sure how to apply for it and uni starts on monday :frown: i’m a uk national and living at home doing undergraduate adult nursing course

Hi,

You can log in online and request the loan by choosing change an application and loan amounts.

https://logon.slc.co.uk

Thanks, Chanel
Hi how do I add the maintenance loan onto my account after I have started the academic year I’m really struggling to do this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending