The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
How long have you been waiting? Teachers are allowed holidays...

Yes I did realise that may be the case. I've been waiting a week and a bit
Original post by NeverLucky
Don't quote me on this but some say he's jneill...

Spoiler

Trump definitely Trump :wink:
Reply 3982
Don't quote me on this but some say he's jneill...

Spoiler

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Trump definitely Trump :wink:

Both are fake news.

Possibly.

:wink:
Both are fake news.

Possibly.

:wink:

Are you sure about that? :lol:
Reply 3984
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Are you sure about that? :lol:

50% sure.
50% sure.

The answer would be tremendously sure. Very bigly.
Reply 3986
The answer would be tremendously sure. Very bigly.

Covfefe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3987
Any Scottish offer holders out there?

How'd did it go today?

:crossedf:

-

what happened to your rainbow picture XD
Reply 3989
Original post by lasjmcbr
what happened to your rainbow picture XD

Pride weekend in Brighton (TSR HQ) has finished.

Attachment not found

I'll leave it here for you :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
How are we all holding up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know which mobile network is most reliable in Cambridge or are they all equally useless? I'd like to have a signal for receiving calls without having to keep my mobile on top of a wardrobe in my room.
Original post by zippidee
Does anybody know which mobile network is most reliable in Cambridge or are they all equally useless? I'd like to have a signal for receiving calls without having to keep my mobile on top of a wardrobe in my room.

Three, probably.
Reply 3994
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Just to say that our offer-holder question thread is open!

And now stickied, and referenced in the master list :smile:
In central Cambridge there's pretty good signal for all networks I believe. I'm on Virgin and I get 5 bars 3G in Cambridge. Where I live (around 15 miles away) that's another matter...

Spoiler

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Three, probably.

I've heard Three isn't great in Cambridge. (Don't quote me on that though, I may be misremembering)

The mobile network is pretty good as a whole in Cambridge, at least from what I've experienced. I use giff gaff / O2 and it's been consistently excellent for the past year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
How are we all holding up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All right until I saw on the Peterhouse Q&A that they have our results already 😱
Original post by Zacken
I've heard Three isn't great in Cambridge. (Don't quote me on that though, I may be misremembering)

The mobile network is pretty good as a whole in Cambridge, at least from what I've experienced. I use giff gaff / O2 and it's been consistently excellent for the past year.
Glad to hear giffgaff is good, I don't want to change networks!
Thanks for replying, everyone!

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Three, probably.

Original post by Zacken

I'm on Three and it usually gives good coverage (when I was living rurally it was the only network that worked for me) but when I was down Cambridge in March it was horrendous. The signal was non-existent inside (apart from when I held it up and jumped about a bit in my college accommodation) and outside it was patchy. It's handy to know about Giff Gaff and O2 - I have one of those free Giff Gaff sims hanging around somewhere.

Original post by elanor44
In central Cambridge there's pretty good signal for all networks I believe. I'm on Virgin and I get 5 bars 3G in Cambridge. Where I live (around 15 miles away) that's another matter...

Spoiler

Virgin is the network I've been thinking of going with because I'd get free calls back home, so that's good to know. I know in some locations you have more chance of reaching Narnia than a mobile signal.
Thanks for replying, everyone!

I'm on Three and it usually gives good coverage (when I was living rurally it was the only network that worked for me) but when I was down Cambridge in March it was horrendous. The signal was non-existent inside (apart from when I held it up and jumped about a bit in my college accommodation) and outside it was patchy. It's handy to know about Giff Gaff and O2 - I have one of those free Giff Gaff sims hanging around somewhere.

Virgin is the network I've been thinking of going with because I'd get free calls back home, so that's good to know. I know in some locations you have more chance of reaching Narnia than a mobile signal.

As a non-student frequent visitor to Cambridge, my experience on internet connection in Cambridge town centre has never been great and I've heard of similar experience from other people on various networks, so not sure if there's any significant difference between different networks, tbh.
It works great in some areas but there's a quite a lot of spots where it's virtually impossible to get any decent access. (ie, some back streets, inside shop/restaurants). Perhaps it's due to old stone buildings with thick walls and narrow streets......? Even in a same restaurant, it works OK near the front door but impossible at the back..... Even it can be quite unpredictable on a same street. (There's a couple of spots in on St Andrews Street that is not very good....)
I sometimes have to walk around to get good internet.

But as a student, as long as you're in a vicinity of university/college facilities, you can get access from their wifi which is great.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending