The Student Room Group

Pakistan is the 4th most dangerous country in the world

Since the UK has had a large amount of immigration from Pakistan, I think it is important to discuss that Pakistan has been named the 4th most dangerous country in the world, according to the Global Travel and Tourism Report by the World Economic Forum.

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is. There must be other reasons? From what I can read, the main reason seems to be terrorism and sexual assault.

Also, should we be allowing immigration from a country that is so dangerous?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loooaa
Since the UK has had a large amount of immigration from Pakistan, I think it is important to discuss that Pakistan has been named the 4th most dangerous country in the world, according to the Global Travel and Tourism Report by the World Economic Forum.

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is.

its not that dangerous .....

if you go there for yourself , you will realize how peaceful and safe it is
Bruv you call us Pakistanis dangerous!? **** you we're bare kind we bare peaceful and all that I'll **** you up.

In all seriousness, I don't think by British law you can ban immigration from Pakistan, since Pakistan is part of the Commonwealth.
I'm dangerous :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by study beats
its not that dangerous .....

if you go there for yourself , you will realize how peaceful and safe it is

I'll pass :laugh:
Thats kind of funny because the Pakistani people I have met at school are all light hearted joker types who you can't help but get along with, even if the people they hang around with suck.
Reply 6
The problem with that ideology is, if we open our doors to the whole of the world (including Africa, South America, and Asia), we will no longer be a nice place to live. We will no longer have free healthcare or other benefits, there will not be enough houses for everyone resulting in millions of people living on the streets, there will be millions of people unemployed etc.
Reply 7
No one has asked for source yet?
Original post by loooaa

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is. There must be other reasons? From what I can see, the main reason seems to be terrorism.

Only a tiny % of the Pakistanis in the UK originate from the actual dangerous parts of the country. 'Danger' is all relative anyway.
Reply 9
Original post by HAnwar

thisisinsider .com/dangerous-countries-2017-5 (remove space before .com)
Reply 10
Yes, doctors and engineers are good. But the majority of people who would be coming would not be doctors or engineers.

The reality is, if we opened our doors to the world, hundreds of millions of people from South America, Africa and Asia would move into West Europe and North America. If you think that would be beneficial or maintainable, then sorry but you're wrong.

I'm sorry but this idea you have is a fantasy that would not work.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
The World Economic Forum is racist now too?
Original post by loooaa
thisisinsider .com/dangerous-countries-2017-5 (remove space before .com)

"The World Economic Forum recently released their Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report, which analyzes the state of the travel and tourism sectors in 136 countries around the globe.
As a part of this report, the WEF ranks the safety of each of those countries. To come up with this ranking, the forum "measures the extent to which a country exposes tourists and businesses to security risks mainly related to serious harm to people (violence and terrorism)." The ranking does not take petty crime into account."

That's an extract from the article you quoted. Based on the quotes I've highlighted, you can see the ranking is referring to countries that pose a danger to tourists.

This is a list based on a Global Peace Index report from the Institute for Economics and Peace, where the rankings are quite different, as they take into consideration the overall amount of danger, to the people actually living there, as well as tourists.
http://www.atlasandboots.com/most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

Surely a country like Syria is a more dangerous place to visit or reside in right now compared to Colombia... which has been ranked the most dangerous country in the article you've given.
Original post by HAnwar

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribune.com.pk/story/1198159/pakistan-ranked-fourth-unsafe-country-world/%3famp=1

Appears to be referring to tourists/foreigners however.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

I think I've got the original source report:
http://reports.weforum.org/travel-and-tourism-competitiveness-report-2017/ranking/#series=TTCI.A.02

Quite interesting results on the whole, actually.

Original post by loooaa

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia.

South America's low as hell on the safety lists too lmao, Pakistan aren't this unique snowflake you're making it out to be.
Reply 15
Original post by Petulia
"The World Economic Forum recently released their Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report, which analyzes the state of the travel and tourism sectors in 136 countries around the globe.
As a part of this report, the WEF ranks the safety of each of those countries. To come up with this ranking, the forum "measures the extent to which a country exposes tourists and businesses to security risks mainly related to serious harm to people (violence and terrorism)." The ranking does not take petty crime into account."

That's an extract from the article you quoted. Based on the quotes I've highlighted, you can see the ranking is referring to countries that pose a danger to tourists.

This is a list based on a Global Peace Index report from the Institute for Economics and Peace, where the rankings are quite different, as they take into consideration the overall amount of danger, to the people actually living there, as well as tourists.
http://www.atlasandboots.com/most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

Surely a country like Syria is a more dangerous place to visit or reside in right now compared to Colombia... which has been ranked the most dangerous country in the article you've given.

If the list is for most dangerous to tourists, doesn't that mean it's even more supportative of not allowing immigration to us from these countries?
Original post by loooaa
If the list is for most dangerous to tourists, doesn't that mean it's even more supportative of not allowing immigration to us from these countries?

Have you actually read the article? Have you looked at the reasons for those countries being "dangerous" to tourists?

Bangladesh is ranked 14th most dangerous country because "extreme weather also affects Bangladesh, putting the country at risk for a number of natural disasters. The Asian nation experiences tropical cyclones, flooding, and sometimes earthquakes."

Are you suggesting that we ban people emigrating from Bangladesh because the natural disasters in their country pose a danger to tourists?

......you're blaming immigrants for bad weather?
Reply 17
What exactly have I said that's racist? I know you're a liberal that thinks everything is racist, but come on, what exactly did I say?
Reply 18
Original post by Petulia
Have you actually read the article? Have you looked at the reasons for those countries being "dangerous" to tourists?

Bangladesh is ranked 14th most dangerous country because "extreme weather also affects Bangladesh, putting the country at risk for a number of natural disasters. The Asian nation experiences tropical cyclones, flooding, and sometimes earthquakes."

Are you suggesting that we ban people emigrating from Bangladesh because the natural disasters in their country pose a danger to tourists?

......you're blaming immigrants for bad weather?

Have you read it?

20 - Republic of Congo - bandits and armed groups
19 - Thailand - deaths due to violence
18 - Jamaica - Violent crime & shootings
17 - South Africa - high crime rates
16 - Guatamalea - homicide rate & drug smuggling
15 - Chad - Extremism

14 - It says: "Besides the risk of terrorist attacks, extreme weather also effects Bangladesh" - Nice try there :smile:

...4. Pakistan - Terrorism and violence against certain religious groups

cba to complete the list
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by loooaa

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is. There must be other reasons? From what I can read, the main reason seems to be terrorism.

Really? Don't you think it's a bit stupid & ignorant claiming that the whole of South America, Africa and most parts of Asia are poor?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending