The Student Room Group

Why you don't get a second date

So yeah, what I'd like to see from this thread is a list of reasons why, after a first date, you don't want a second.

As a male who has an inability to form emotional attachments I have been on a rather unfortunate amount of first dates.

Hroblems I've found are:

1) women are often rude to the waitress
Like seriously wtf that's a human being

2) totally unrepresentative photos on internet dating - you're going to be found out

3) expecting me to pay for everything. Like seriously if I earn twice as much and know it I'll insist on paying for at least the vast majority with some token gesture thrown in... But the sense if entitlement when it's expected? No thanks. It's a choice mot an obligation

So go ahead. I'm sure men do really obnoxious and probably creepy ****.

What puts you off on a first date?
I can't even get a first date :lol:
Cause I don't get a first date.
I end up proposing and apparently "that's not cool".
Reply 4
I think the most important thing is that there's no "spark".

One of my first dates was pretty boring from the get go and I just didn't feel that connection with her, so I decided not to progress to the next date. Maybe it takes longer for some people but there's no point forcing it if you don't feel it.
Original post by SuperHuman98
I can't even get a first date :lol:

Original post by qasim_96
Cause I don't get a first date.

I was going to say the exact same thing and you both beat me to it! 😂😂
Original post by QueenBee98
I was going to say the exact same thing and you both beat me to it! 😂😂

How depressing :erm::laugh:
How depressing :erm::laugh:

Ahaha 😂 I've never been bothered by it though, so it's alright for me 😄
Original post by QueenBee98
Ahaha 😂 I've never been bothered by it though, so it's alright for me 😄

I've never been bothered by it too 😂 I'm too bothered about making something outta myself 😁
I don't really do dates.
Ramadan passed dude
Fook dat
We go out for curry on the first date and things get messy once we get in the bedroom.
If the guy didn't pick up the tab even though he was the one who asked me out and then kept on talking about himself, not asking me any questions to get to know me better. NO second date for him.
Reply 14
Enthusiasm for the first date is also part of the equation. Internet dating seems be to lead to a pretty high proportion of bad first dates.
Because there was no spark and he was so clingy.
I've never been bothered by it too 😂 I'm too bothered about making something outta myself 😁

I completely agree 😊

Quick Reply