The Student Room Group

I want to go to my insurance choice instead of firm?!!

Please help. What can I do?
call your firm and insurance and state your intentions also change your choice on UCAS
Original post by beyrouthi
Please help. What can I do?

Do you want to swap your choices or do you not want to go to your firm at all? If you want to swap you need to explain this to both unis and see if they agree. If you don't want to go to your firm at all ask them to release you so if you get the grades to go to your insurance great and if not you go into clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by alleycat393
Do you want to swap your choices or do you not want to go to your firm at all? If you want to swap you need to explain this to both unis and see if they agree. If you don't want to go to your firm at all ask them to release you so if you get the grades to go to your insurance great and if not you go into clearing.

I don't want to go to my firm at all. I called my firm and they said that the deadline to switch has passed. Do I call them again and tell them to release me on results day if i meet their offer?? How do I then go to my insurance
I don't want to go to my firm at all. I called my firm and they said that the deadline to switch has passed. Do I call them again and tell them to release me on results day if i meet their offer?? How do I then go to my insurance

In that case call your firm, tell them you'd like to make your insurance your firm choice.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
In that case ask them to please reject you so that on results day if you don't meet the conditions for your insurance offer you will go into clearing.

Ok, I can ask them now to reject to me? And my insurance offer will automatically become firm?
Ok, I can ask them now to reject to me? And my insurance offer will automatically become firm?

Sorry I'm just trying to make this as clear as possible. Ring your firm choice, tell them you'd like to make your insurance your firm choice. Talk to your insurance as well and say the same thing. Then on results day it will be a question of your firm releasing you into clearing and your adding your insurance as your clearing choice and accepting their offer. The bottom line is to talk to both unis on the phone and then follow up in writing along with any other instructions they've given you.
Reply 7
Sorry I'm just trying to make this as clear as possible. Ring your firm choice, tell them you'd like to make your insurance your firm choice. Talk to your insurance as well and say the same thing. Then on results day it will be a question of your firm releasing you into clearing and your adding your insurance as your clearing choice and accepting their offer. The bottom line is to talk to both unis on the phone and then follow up in writing along with any other instructions they've given you.

I called my insurance just now and they more or less said that they can't guarantee anything but that I should call on results day and do the process you outlined. I'm just worried my insurance might be oversubscribed on the day and unable to offer me a place

Thanks for your help
I called my insurance just now and they more or less said that they can't guarantee anything but that I should call on results day and do the process you outlined. I'm just worried my insurance might be oversubscribed on the day and unable to offer me a place

Thanks for your help

Well it is what it is. There were deadlines for this which you should have made your decision by so while it's unfortunate it's a lesson learnt. Good luck! There's not much more you can do about this now so just go with it till results day.
Reply 9
Well it is what it is. There were deadlines for this which you should have made your decision by so while it's unfortunate it's a lesson learnt. Good luck! There's not much more you can do about this now so just go with it till results day.

It's because only a few days ago my insurance confirmed the outcome of a scholarship that I applied for

Thank you
It's because only a few days ago my insurance confirmed the outcome of a scholarship that I applied for

Thank you

Fair enough :smile: Good luck, now you know what needs to be done.
Reply 11
Fair enough :smile: Good luck, now you know what needs to be done.

Sorry another question
My insurance gave me a contextual offer because of my school. Do you think the reduced offer will still stand if I tried to get a place through the clearing route??
Sorry another question
My insurance gave me a contextual offer because of my school. Do you think the reduced offer will still stand if I tried to get a place through the clearing route??

That's a question for them. They should even more so because they've offered you a scholarship but it's at their discretion so talk to them about it on the day.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm in the same position as the OP, as suggested already the deadline had passed when I tried to swap my firm and insurance choices.All that I was told by my firm is that they will place a note on their system so that on results day they won't accept grades any lower than their offer regardless of if those grades are lowered for clearing. Calling up the uni and explaining your situation irrespective of the deadline will most likely help
Reply 14
Original post by wjsteadman
I'm in the same position as the OP, as suggested already the deadline had passed when I tried to swap my firm and insurance choices.All that I was told by my firm is that they will place a note on their system so that on results day they won't accept grades any lower than their offer regardless of if those grades are lowered for clearing. Calling up the uni and explaining your situation irrespective of the deadline will most likely help

So if you meet your exact offer you'd still be going to your firm?
So if you meet your exact offer you'd still be going to your firm?

They said they would be happy for me to strike a deal with my insurance and then call them up so they release me and I then go to my insurance. However entry for my Firm is BBB and Insurance is 112 UCAS so if I was to get ABC or something like that they'd let me go anyway as I technically didn't get the BBB they wanted on my offer. Therefore I will only get accepted by my Firm Uni if I get BBB, anything else will get me rejected and I'll be in my insurance Uni
Reply 16
My firm kcl agreed to reject me, so my insurance should now become firm but they said the system may not update till results day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending