The Student Room Group

Prepaid credit card/ credit builder

I done some research about prepaid credit card and credit card builder the only card company that does this at the same time is Cashplus but reading so many reviews it almost all bad reviews. Can anyone tell me if cashplus is any good and what are your experience on it. If not can you recommend me prepaid credit card, credit builder or both which will be nice.

If anyone is going to asked why I can't apply to normal bank account or student one is because I have thin credit history and my credit score is low but I am very good at keeping up with my contracts payments, hardly ever go on overdraft and I don't spend wildly always keep under control.
Original post by venz_93
I done some research about prepaid credit card and credit card builder the only card company that does this at the same time is Cashplus but reading so many reviews it almost all bad reviews. Can anyone tell me if cashplus is any good and what are your experience on it. If not can you recommend me prepaid credit card, credit builder or both which will be nice.

If anyone is going to asked why I can't apply to normal bank account or student one is because I have thin credit history and my credit score is low but I am very good at keeping up with my contracts payments, hardly ever go on overdraft and I don't spend wildly always keep under control.

Are you a student? If so, get a student credit card from the same bank as you have your current account with. If not, Capital One could give you a credit card with a limit of a couple of hundred pounds.
Original post by venz_93

I suggest contacting your local Credit Union for some help. A lot of CUs have services that can help you build up your credit score. I think they're called Credit Builder loans.

My local CU was based in my local library where I volunteered - They're staffed by lovely people.
Reply 3
@Glassapple Yes I am student I even tried to apply to my own bank NatWest for student account and got rejected so applying for credit card through them will be rejected as well and Capital One will do hard credit check and most likely will be rejected and also lower my credit score.
Reply 4
@Blue_Cow I will try and call credit union tomorrow and ask for help regarding about this credit builder
Reply 5
@Glassapple and Blue_Cow thanks for the answering my questions and giving me advice on what to do.
Reply 6
Original post by venz_93
@Glassapple Yes I am student I even tried to apply to my own bank NatWest for student account and got rejected so applying for credit card through them will be rejected as well and Capital One will do hard credit check and most likely will be rejected and also lower my credit score.

You'd have to be in seriously dire straights for Capital One to decline you - use their eligibility checker to see what it says (it's a soft search).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending