The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE results 2017

So for anyone who sat CCEA gcse exams this summer what subjects are you expecting results for? Are you in Year 12 and getting cash in results like myself or are you in Year 11 and getting modular results?

Here's mine:
Maths
English Lang
Single Award Science
Geography
Applied Business Studies
ICT
RE
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm in form five and getting all my results for the following:

History
Full RS
Biology
ICT
Maths
English lang & lit
Geography
French

Did you do the T6 Maths exams? And how'd you find the ict controlled assessment lmao?
Original post by ron weasleys
I'm in form five and getting all my results for the following:

History
Full RS
Biology
ICT
Maths
English lang & lit
Geography
French

Did you do the T6 Maths exams? And how'd you find the ict controlled assessment lmao?

No I done T5 and T2. Done T5 last summer and got a D so I resat in January and got a C and I sat T2 this summer but it was extremely difficult! The ICT C/A was ok, my teacher thinks I should get a B in it
It killed me tbh, but the website one was ok. I'm just trying not to think about it
Original post by ron weasleys
It killed me tbh, but the website one was ok. I'm just trying not to think about it

True but it's hard, it's all I can think about! Did you do unit 2 geography this summer? If you did did you do higher tier?
Original post by Apple2017
So for anyone who sat CCEA gcse exams this summer what subjects are you expecting results for? Are you in Year 12 and getting cash in results like myself or are you in Year 11 and getting modular results?

Here's mine:
Maths
English Lang
Single Award Science
Geography
Applied Business Studies
ICT
RE

Hey! I'm year 12 also and getting cash in results...

Year 11 I got A maths and A* Unit 4 RE

This year I took:
English Lit
English Lang
DA Science
Further Maths
Geography
French
German
RE (Ethics)
Original post by peter_17
Hey! I'm year 12 also and getting cash in results...

Year 11 I got A maths and A* Unit 4 RE

This year I took:
English Lit
English Lang
DA Science
Further Maths
Geography
French
German
RE (Ethics)

Hi! Did you do unit 2 geography this year (higher tier)?
Hi! Did you do unit 2 geography this year (higher tier)?

I did both units!
I did both units!

I done unit 1 last year but done unit 2 this year. How did you find unit 2? I thought it was really long and I wasn't able to finish the paper
I done unit 1 last year but done unit 2 this year. How did you find unit 2? I thought it was really long and I wasn't able to finish the paper

unit 2 was a struggle i agree... think I finished but it was very rushed!!
unit 2 was a struggle i agree... think I finished but it was very rushed!!

Definitely was a struggle! Me leaving answers out and rushing answers will have lost me a lot of marks 😰
Tbh I really want an A* in geography, and I need an A to do it for A level! Hopefully I get the A minimum!
Tbh I really want an A* in geography, and I need an A to do it for A level! Hopefully I get the A minimum!

I'd love an A* but realistically I think I'll only get an A, hopefully not below that lol. And yeah I think your school is the same as mine, I'm pretty sure they said we need an A in gcse geography to do it at a level too!

Here's mine:
Maths
English Lang
Single Award Science
Geography
Applied Business Studies
ICT
RE

hey, i'm also year 12 and expecting results for;
English
English Literature
Maths
French
Spanish
History
ICT
Double award science
RE

Can hardly believe it's less than two weeks until the day! Best of luck to you, i'm sure you'll do great x
Original post by Sherlockwho
English
English Literature
Maths
French
Spanish
History
ICT
Double award science
RE

Can hardly believe it's less than two weeks until the day! Best of luck to you, i'm sure you'll do great x

Best of luck to you! Great variety of subjects as well - hope everything goes to plan on the day for you and you get the results you deserve!
Reply 15
Getting cash in for
English Language
English Lit
Maths (t4 and t6)
French
RE (did unit 4 last year ago got A*. Did unit 8 this year)
History
Geography
Art
Double Award Science
Need good grades in English Lit, Geography, Biology and History for a level
Reply 16
Original post by Sherlockwho
English
English Literature
Maths
French
Spanish
History
ICT
Double award science
RE

Which history units did you do? I did life in Nazi Germans, German Foreign Policy, Northern Ireland from 1065-1985 and the Cold War.
Original post by Hubhu
Getting cash in for
English Language
English Lit
Maths (t4 and t6)
French
RE (did unit 4 last year ago got A*. Did unit 8 this year)
History
Geography
Art
Double Award Science
Need good grades in English Lit, Geography, Biology and History for a level

I need the same for Geography and Biology... praying we get it together haha! They're probably my 2 most important results!!
Reply 18
I need the same for Geography and Biology... praying we get it together haha! They're probably my 2 most important results!!

I would say maths, science and history are the ones I'm most worried about! I'm feeling okay about geography, not expecting anything lower than the A (bet I've jinxed myself now 😐)
Original post by Hubhu
I would say maths, science and history are the ones I'm most worried about! I'm feeling okay about geography, not expecting anything lower than the A (bet I've jinxed myself now 😐)

yeah i'm feeling decent about Geography... I should get an A, I hope!

Quick Reply