The Student Room Group

CfE Advanced Higher Chemistry 2017/18

hi all! :smile: wanted to begin a new advanced higher chem chat. I go back to school on the 24th of this month and wanted to have a chat so we could all share revision resources etc!
Reply 1
you're in for a **** storm
Original post by Nuba123
you're in for a **** storm

Hello everyone :biggrin:. This is hilarious but I sure hope its not true lol
I chose AH chem. cause my circumstances changed majorly but I don't think it'll be so bad? someone I know said the course was a breeze... it's probably not tho :colonhash:
Hi , I go back to school on the 15th :smile:) hope chem is good this year gonna try get an A
Is there a way I can save this chat? Or do I need to search for it every time 😂
Original post by Monicafisher
Hi , I go back to school on the 15th :smile:) hope chem is good this year gonna try get an A

Great :h: how did you do in the higher exam?
I got a B sadly :frown:( I was confident as well but I'm so close to an A , so Im going to study a lot earlier this year and for my prelim , instead of cramming over 3 days after the maths exam 😂 I'm gonna try get an A this year hahaha. How about you?
Quite a lot of people got Bs and Cs in my class so I'm still quite happy with it 😊
Quite a lot of people got Bs and Cs in my class so I'm still quite happy with it 😊

That's great! A lot of people in my class didn't make it to the final exam because of the last unit assessment (which was really difficult), unit 3 which would have been really frustrating. But of the 5 of us who sat the exam, 4 got As including me so I'm quite pleased :colondollar:
Original post by Friendly Forever
That's great! A lot of people in my class didn't make it to the final exam because of the last unit assessment (which was really difficult), unit 3 which would have been really frustrating. But of the 5 of us who sat the exam, 4 got As including me so I'm quite pleased :colondollar:

Well done !! 😄
Well done !! 😄

Thank you! A B is a great achievement, one of the teachers in the chemistry department at my school got a B in the old higher and ended up with an A at advanced higher which is awesome, so it's definitely possible to get that A in advanced, that's what I'm aiming for as well! If you think you're close to an A, have you thought of getting your paper remarked to possibly bring your grade up?
Ahhaha I'm going to try my best and study this year :smile:) I have contacted the school but they won't let me get a remark
(edited 6 years ago)
Sorry I keep forgetting to quote
Original post by Friendly Forever
Thank you! A B is a great achievement, one of the teachers in the chemistry department at my school got a B in the old higher and ended up with an A at advanced higher which is awesome, so it's definitely possible to get that A in advanced, that's what I'm aiming for as well! If you think you're close to an A, have you thought of getting your paper remarked to possibly bring your grade up?
Ahhaha I'm going to try my best and study this year :smile:) I have contacted the school but they won't let me get a remark except for french? It's very annoying, but I'm going to try my best and go to the head teacher and try get them remarked - especially English because it is a subjective exam which would give me a bit better grades 😊

That's odd i never knew a school could refuse to get your exam remarked :s-smilie: , i'd definitely try again to get your french and english exam remarked, especially if you've got evidence of performing at a higher level. I hope it works out for you! :smile:
Lmao, good luck with the remarks. Ended up gettin AAAAA at higher and will be taking AH chemistry. Hope to see this chat more productive as the course progresses.
Thread starter, you might want to move this onto the official Scottish qualifications page so it's more active and not lost here lol. You can make a new thread on the official Scottish qualifications forum for AH chemistry, that way we will all find it easier and more active.

Cheers
Original post by Medic DUX
Thread starter, you might want to move this onto the official Scottish qualifications page so it's more active and not lost here lol. You can make a new thread on the official Scottish qualifications forum for AH chemistry, that way we will all find it easier and more active.

Cheers

Can you make it please , idk how to
hey, for my project I am extracting paracetamol from a tablet, making paracetamol using a 3-step-synthesis reaction and then comparing purity of the synthesised paracetamol against the extracted paracetamol using mixed melting point analysis. To get the 'duplication' mark would it be sufficient to just repeat the mixed melting point analysis using the same batches of extracted and synthesised paracetamol?

Quick Reply

Latest