The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a Muslim girl?

Or accept if she asks you out as a non-Muslim guy.

I know similar threads have been made before but just wanted to know.

Scroll to see replies

#haram:tongue:
no and i'm not changing my view whatever political correctness you people give me
(edited 6 years ago)
No
No.

Relationships are about loyalty and commitment, and someone who cherry-picks from what they claim to believe in has failed that test already (since dating is forbidden in Islam).

Just my opinion. :h:
Reply 5
Original post by ckfeister
no and i'm not changing my view whatever political correctness you people give me

Why not?
Of course you don't have to. Why would you
Sure why not bit it might get a bit tricky if it starts to become really comitted. Parents wouldn't accept me for ine unless I converted. My dad would be happy about that though.
Reply 7
if she was a babe and had largely renounced her religion and a bit of mutually agreed 'double living' with her parents in place, then why not.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
No.

Relationships are about loyalty and commitment, and someone who cherry-picks from what they claim to believe in has failed that test already (since dating is forbidden in Islam).

Just my opinion. :h:

Lol cherry pick what?
People confuse me when they that. Just because I am a Muslim doesn't mean I can't do whatever I want. Christians for example never even go to church and they are still Christians.

Being a Muslim means believing in God and the prophet.
No.
Original post by black1blade
Sure why not bit it might get a bit tricky if it starts to become really comitted. Parents wouldn't accept me for ine unless I converted. My dad would be happy about that though.

Why would your dad be happy?
Why not?
Of course you don't have to. Why would you

I will get called racist if I say but lets say I find anyone who isn't white unattractive, as well I oppose any kind of religious people in dating terms.
Or accept if she asks you out as a non-Muslim guy.

I know similar threads have been made before but just wanted to know.

Yes, why not? She is a woman regardless of her belief system.

I know that her views, supported by her religious beliefs, may differ with mine, but in the first instance, I will go out with her to get to know her.
Original post by ckfeister
I will get called racist if I say but lets say I find anyone who isn't white unattractive, as well I oppose any kind of religious people in dating terms.

I don't think that's racist but just remember that Islam is not a race. There are European Muslim, Bosnia for example who are white and Muslim.
Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, why not? She is a woman regardless of her belief system.

I know that her views, supported by her religious beliefs, may differ with mine, but in the first instance, I will go out with her to get to know her.

Yay this gave me a little hope. The guy I like is not Muslim and he is a little shy so I might just ask him out to end this misery.
Depends how serious it got; if it meant I had to immerse myself in the religion and its rules and ideologies or even convert, then it's a unanimous no from me.
I don't think that's racist but just remember that Islam is not a race. There are European Muslim, Bosnia for example who are white and Muslim.

Are they against homosexuality?
Will they oppose progressive people and countries?

These are the questions that will alarm me
Lol cherry pick what?
People confuse me when they that. Just because I am a Muslim doesn't mean I can't do whatever I want. Christians for example never even go to church and they are still Christians.

"Just because I am a Muslim doesn't mean I can't do whatever I want."

Religion isn't just "I'm a Muslim" or "I'm a Christian" - you have to follow the rules of that religion in order to make a claim to it. And yes, sometimes people fail to do everything that they should, but then they ask for forgiveness. That's what it's all about.

People who reject large parts of religion but then make a claim to that religion are lying to themselves, society and God as well. If you want to do "whatever you want", why tie yourself down with rules? You can still believe in God without being a Muslim or Christian.

And by the way, going to Church/Mosque isn't compulsory in either religion. If you're willing to follow the set of rules that you claim to adhere to, then you'd be just as good a Muslim/Christian at home, or in outer space, or anywhere else for that matter.
Why would your dad be happy?

He's Muslim.
Lol cherry pick what?

if thats what you think being a muslim is, you need to read the Quraan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending