The Student Room Group

in DESPERATE need of MONEY

Long story short, Im 16 and my family is a little short on money, so I need about £300 pounds for personal reasons. Id like to wok anytime between the 19th of august to the 1st of september but so many places require you to be over 18, so i was wondering if anyone knew any areas around london that 16 year old to work and earn money, preferably during the day?
thank you
Reply 1
Given regulations on age, the best thing to do is ask people you actually know (ie, friends from school or their parents, grandparents or cousins, friendly neighbors, other people that you know well enough to feel comfortable asking for a job). They may need small jobs doing (like fixing something with a tv or computer, or cutting the grass or weeding a patio, etc.), or know people that need jobs doing. You might not get much from any single job, but you can do lots of little jobs in one day that will add up. Just make it clear that you do need paying for what ever you are doing.
You won't be able to get a part time job for just two weeks, but you could look for a permenant one? Eg primark or restaurants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ireti
Long story short, Im 16 and my family is a little short on money, so I need about £300 pounds for personal reasons. Id like to wok anytime between the 19th of august to the 1st of september but so many places require you to be over 18, so i was wondering if anyone knew any areas around london that 16 year old to work and earn money, preferably during the day?
thank you

You're going to massively struggle finding a job for 2 weeks but the majority of jobs will take you at 16, like retail stores
Reply 4
Original post by ireti
thank you

Look around, at your age it isn't easy. I'm only 17 and I was in the same situation family wise but I was lucky enough to have found a place who took me on when I was 14 ( wasn't the most legal thing but owelllll) I still work for him while studying. It isn't easy but one piece of advise for you, if you do end up finding a job, spend wisely and SAVE . I'm on route to a mortgage by 19 you can do the same
Original post by ireti
thank you

mcdonalds will easily take you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending