The Student Room Group

Can someone explain Clearing and Adjustment simply?

My school haven't helped a lot and I'm confused about it all, and I'd like to understand it before results, so can someone explain everything simply, please?
Reply 1
clearing: you dont meet your firm or your insurance university. you can still "opt" for clearing if you want to be released from your firm or insurance

adjustment: when you have MET and EXCEEDED your firm offer.
e.g Your firm requires you to achieve AAB but you get A*AB you can go through adjustment
if however you get A*AC you cannot go through adjustment since you have not met the offer.

Clearing opens at 8am on 17th August. You can search courses though

:smile:
Clearing is where you go if you failed, adjustment is where you go if you have been ambitious and overly successful.
Original post by alone231
clearing: you dont meet your firm or your insurance university. you can still "opt" for clearing if you want to be released from your firm or insurance

adjustment: when you have MET and EXCEEDED your firm offer.
e.g Your firm requires you to achieve AAB but you get A*AB you can go through adjustment
if however you get A*AC you cannot go through adjustment since you have not met the offer.

Clearing opens at 8am on 17th August. You can search courses though

:smile:

So (this is entirely hypothetical as I don’t have my results), if my offer was BCC with a b in psychology, and I achieved ABC or ABB (my predicted, A in psychology), would I be eligible to enter adjustment?
Reply 5
Original post by JessThomas6
So (this is entirely hypothetical as I don’t have my results), if my offer was BCC with a b in psychology, and I achieved ABC or ABB (my predicted, A in psychology), would I be eligible to enter adjustment?

Yes you will

meet and exceed. but you must meet the psych grade and overall exceed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending