The Student Room Group

Permanent bans

Immediate permanent bans are issued for "very severe" rule breaking, what does it mean by very severe rule breaking?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Is this for educational purposes? :holmes:
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Is this for educational purposes? :holmes:

Well for my TSR education yes I guess, I am just trying to understand why one could get a black card immediately
Reply 3
Original post by The RAR
No, I am just trying to understand why one could get a black card immediately

It's in the community guidelines.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by you pussy
No, not really, you say something which is rude you get the ban

Pretty sure that's not going to get you an immediate permanent ban in the first instance though.

Original post by The RAR
Well for my TSR education yes I guess, I am just trying to understand why one could get a black card immediately

Spam bots get a black card as soon as they are spotted iirc as otherwise they'll start more threads which clog up the forum. Anything illegal would definitely get you a black card. Not sure what else, most bans are usually as a result of escalations of previous rule breaking to my knowledge
Original post by Lemur14
Anything illegal would definitely get you a black card.

I had a thread removed for legal iffiness once and I was fine. But then I guess it wasn't toooo bad...

Spoiler

Reply 6
Racial abuse I'm guessing. and if you threaten someone
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I had a thread removed for legal iffiness once and I was fine. But then I guess it wasn't toooo bad...

Spoiler

Wow that surprises me! I knew it was difficult to get an immediate permanent ban but that's even more difficult than I thought!
Reply 8
Original post by Lemur14
Wow that surprises me! I knew it was difficult to get an immediate permanent ban but that's even more difficult than I thought!

I got 3 permanent bans in a day.
Original post by SGHD26716
I got 3 permanent bans in a day.

I'm guessing that would be because you created new account(s) after one was banned and didn't limit your posting to AtCT though?
Reply 10
Original post by Lemur14
I'm guessing that would be because you created new account(s) after one was banned and didn't limit your posting to AtCT though?

I got banned for advertising apparently. Clearly incorrect so I appealed using my other account.

The ban was removed. 20 minutes later, it's another permanent ban and I appeal again. The ban is removed the next day but my appealing account is banned for asking people how to ask mods to remove my ban.
Reply 11
Original post by SGHD26716
I got banned for advertising apparently. Clearly incorrect so I appealed using my other account.

Did you reply to that babaji troll? or do you ever reply to him?
Original post by Lemur14

Well tbf... I'll show you a censored version of the thread title that eventually got removed:

I imagine they looked at it and went "hm this is is borderline, could be legally iffy if [x y z scenario] happen" as opposed to it being a "Oh gosh nope nope nope that's illegal run" kind of thread.

Quick Reply

Latest