The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this some kind of protest symbol or do you just like the idea of scanning yourself?
Reply 2
I think they look really nice, if you're sure it's something you'll continue liking and won't regret it years down the line then why not
why do you want to scan yourself? and how much will the price show up as?
Reply 4
Why would you want to do that?
Reply 5
l
Won't this get boring after a few days? You could just stick a barcode to your wrist and it will do the same thing.
if you're a milk carton or bread loaf then yeah sure, go ahead
"What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason,
how infinite in faculties, in form and moving,
how express and admirable in action, how like an angel in apprehension,
how like a god!"

...Or a discounted tin of KiteKat.
I dont think you understand how alarms and shops work. They dont set off because they somehow view a barcode on your wrist. You could walk in with 100 random barcodes and they shouldn't set off once. Alongside. If you get a barcode, you don't know what you'll scan as, it depends on the shops database and whats assigned to that barcode. So you want to check beforehand.
Original post by OxFossil
"What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason,
how infinite in faculties, in form and moving,
how express and admirable in action, how like an angel in apprehension,
how like a god!"

...Or a discounted tin of KiteKat.

I spat out tea reading this :rofl:
Reply 10
Only if it is on your forehead.

But the security tag with exploding ink attached to your arse might be more problematic.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
It's actually magnets that set off the alarm they are deactivated by the scanner. So your barcode will not set of alarms
The short answer is:

barcode.gif
(edited 6 years ago)
a barcode tattoo won't set off alarms in shops, so you don't need to worry about that, but if you want the tat to actually scan then you need to have a real barcode from a real product and even then it will only work in shops that sell that product. Plus.. who is gonna scan your wrist? i doubt many shop assistants would feel super exited about doing that. i don't think you'd get to show that trick off as often as you're expecting to and i think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly. But honestly? just do what you want. if what you want in your heart of hearts is a scannable bar code tattoo then go for it - if it makes you happy then who gives a sh*t?
What are you going to come up as when you're scanned?
Reply 15
Lol @ people replying seriously to this. OP makes a new thread about it every few months on new accounts.
Original post by Notnek
01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 01001111 00111111

Have you converted it correctly?

Now changed it to code 128 true barcode format to avoid ambiguity !
I think that is really cool... if you really want to have one then go ahead.... is it mean to symbolize something or u just wanna do it
Original post by Doonesbury
Only if it is on your forehead.

But the security ink tag on your arse might be more problematic.

:rofl:
Then go ahead.. send us a pic

Latest