The Student Room Group

Where have you been on holiday this year?

As the title says really, Where have you been on holiday this year?
(Or where are you going if you havent been yet).

Scroll to see replies

I went to Disneyland Paris with my friends in February half term! I'm... going back there with my family in September, because they got jealous of me going in February and booked it with a great summer deal running online. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2
I’ve only been travelling around the UK.. haven’t left the country so I guess I haven’t been on holiday
Original post by Zxyn
I’ve only been travelling around the UK.. haven’t left the country so I guess I haven’t been on holiday

Theres nothing wrong with going on holiday in this country.
Ive been on a cruise around spain, portugal and gibraltar.
Germany, France, the Middle East, England, Wales, Germany, France and I've played computer with lots of my friends.
Original post by Emma:-)
As the title says really, Where have you been on holiday this year?
(Or where are you going if you havent been yet).

Scarborough. You been anywhere?
Original post by Alan-Moore
Scarborough. You been anywhere?

On a cruise.
Slovenia and Iceland on a school trip :smile: highly recommend both
Switzerland and Jamaica
Reply 10
I went to Japan for two weeks to meet my friends who I love to death and now I'm at my dad's house in Saudi Arabia but I just wanna go home to the UK now 'cause I miss the tea and the chavs
Germany
I've just come back from Austria today :smile:
Ireland for a big family reunion :smile: Heading off to Spain later in the year as well
Original post by ijiko7
I went to Japan for two weeks to meet my friends who I love to death and now I'm at my dad's house in Saudi Arabia but I just wanna go home to the UK now 'cause I miss the tea and the chavs

Whats it like in japan (in particular tokyo)?
Reply 15
Croatia for ten days followed by France for two weeks- I've just got home and I'm sooo tired
Reply 16
Original post by Emma:-)
Whats it like in japan (in particular tokyo)?

Sorry for the late reply :frown:

It's amazing!! In Tokyo there's a lot of very tall buildings and it's very busy. I speak decent enough Japanese and I have friends over there so they showed me around (Tokyo). :biggrin:
It's very different from the UK, all the foods and the brands you know just don't exist and everything just looks very very different. I know a decent amount of Japanese and have seen a lot of videos about the place on YoutTube but it was still a major shock haha. :tongue:

The food is so delicious, I miss it so bad!!! :h:
Everyone there is so kind and so polite, especially in Tokyo. If you're ever in trouble or need to ask a question you can ask anyone and they're always so helpful! :h:

Also the customer service is insane! Our taxi driver went to go and fetch the car from the other side of the car park and he ran like crazy, bowing all the way bless him. :u:

If you go, it would really help if you can read a bit of Japanese, to help you feel a bit less bewildered, but if you don't it's totally fine - most people speak enough English and signs are usually printed in English too (especially Tokyo).

I wrote way too much lol, but I think you should go if you ever get the opportunity.:blush:
I've been to London, Barbados and France this year! I'll be going to Blackpool in a few weeks to see some shows and then going to London again for New Year's eve to see hamilton! I'm so excited!
Holidayed in UK, France & Netherlands.
I went to portugal, spain, saudi arabia and going to italy in october :biggrin: (hopefully )

Quick Reply

Latest