The Student Room Group

clearing help, how does it work?

so on results day, if i don't get the grades required for my firm and insurance -aab, what must i do? do i simply just call up uni's? can someone take me through it step by step?

tysm x
Original post by bbeSk
so on results day, if i don't get the grades required for my firm and insurance -aab, what must i do? do i simply just call up uni's? can someone take me through it step by step?

tysm x

Heya :hello:

First of all, let's think positively and assume that you've got in. Well done future you! :heart:

If it doesn't quite go to plan, then you need to first of all find out your results. You can help yourself before results day on Monday evening: UCAS will have a course directory for those courses in clearing. If you do your research then, it can save you a lot of time on Thursday.

When you have your results, go back and log in to Track to get your clearing number. It's important you do this as universities can't make you an offer on the phone without it. Call the universities and make sure you take the name and job titles of each person that you speak to, so that you have a trace of where your offer has come from.

In the afternoon, you'll be able to add your clearing choice to Track and then they'll start to process you.

To help you out some more, look in my signature below this post and you'll see a flowchart. Follow that. :smile:
Original post by bbeSk

tysm x

Do your research early so you avoid the hassle of having to search what's available through clearing on results day.

1. as clearing list is available as early as monday I think from 6pm onwards, download the telegraph clearing app now, they're better as they have the phone numbers of the universities clearing hotline already.

2. Search for the course you'd like to do, I'll assume you want to do the same subject you currently have a firm offer for. You can also break down results to location on there. Look for universities that offer your course that you don't mind going to, note down all their numbers.

3. Make sure you also check the university websites to check what the course entry requirements are. Usually they might lower by one grade or more but not a guarantee. Then rank your clearing choices in order of which you think you'll be most close to getting e.g if you think you're going to get ABC then ranking a uni first with ABB entry requirements might just take you.

3. On results day if you see you're in clearing you can call the universities from 8am onwards, they'll ask for clearing number,
If they'll take you they'll give you a verbal offer. You can call as many unis as you want and get multiple verbal offers.

4. You can only add one choice to clearing track so make sure you add the one you want to go to that you got verbal offer for. you'll be able to add an option after 3pm on results day.

Lets hope you get into your firm though! Also check clearing list regularly, good luck!
Original post by Roving Fish
Heya :hello:

First of all, let's think positively and assume that you've got in. Well done future you! :heart:

If it doesn't quite go to plan, then you need to first of all find out your results. You can help yourself before results day on Monday evening: UCAS will have a course directory for those courses in clearing. If you do your research then, it can save you a lot of time on Thursday.

When you have your results, go back and log in to Track to get your clearing number. It's important you do this as universities can't make you an offer on the phone without it. Call the universities and make sure you take the name and job titles of each person that you speak to, so that you have a trace of where your offer has come from.

In the afternoon, you'll be able to add your clearing choice to Track and then they'll start to process you.

To help you out some more, look in my signature below this post and you'll see a flowchart. Follow that. :smile:

where do i find the clearing directory/clearing list?? thank you so much x
Original post by bbeSk
where do i find the clearing directory/clearing list?? thank you so much x

http://search.ucas.com (will be most up-to-date on Monday evening)

Also The Telegraph's Clearing app.
Where do you see the grades they require for a course in clearing , does it show on the ucas site or do you have to click through to the uni website ? Will the uni site show you what the clearing grade requirement is or are you just looking at their normal web page for the course ? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending