The Student Room Group
Original post by x-shania-x
hello

i am enrolling in this course in september, and would like any information you can give me. also, is it a necessity that i do a presentation in front of the class?

thank you:smile:

These are reasonable descriptions of the course.

http://www.candi.ac.uk/courses/health-and-social-care-btec-level-3-extended-diploma
https://www.bathcollege.ac.uk/product/health-and-social-care-level-3

It doesn't mention presentations, but it does assignments. they are nothing to be afraid of.

This is the syllabus from Pearson Edexcel where you cna look over the units.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Health-and-Social-Care/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/9781446938034_BTEC_Nat_ExtDip_HSC_Spec_Iss3C.pdf
Original post by x-shania-x
hello

i am enrolling in this course in september, and would like any information you can give me. also, is it a necessity that i do a presentation in front of the class?

thank you:smile:

I've just completed this course, though mine was Health Studies based.

The only thing I'm not too knowledgeable on is the exam part of BTEC Extended Diplomas as I have been on the old spec which didn't have exams, but if you have any coursework related questions I can have a go at answering those.

Presentations are one way that you can be assessed, though if you are anxious about this, just speak to your tutors or student support and they will work with you. I started off just presenting to groups of 3/4 and now I'm able to present to big groups and crowds, I'm still nervous when doing so mind, but that's normal.

All I can recommend for presentations, other than speaking to tutors if your anxious, is to prepare, the more prepared you are, the less nervous you'll be. I'm afraid presentations are not the best thing to just 'wing'.

There are lots of ways of being assessed though, the three main ways I did was discussions (basically a taped conversation, don't worry you can have notes with you for these) essays/information booklets and presentations but I've also done display posters and have even done a podcast for one assignment. It really does depend on your College as to how they will mainly assess you though.

If you've got any more questions, ask away.

Natasha :-)
Reply 3
Original post by tiajane1810
I have just finished my 1st year of a health and social BTEC and its the best thing I've ever done. It hasn't been a necessity to do powerpoints however most teachers will encourage you to part take as it is helps build your confidence. Its a lot of course work long essays and is a fairly independent course meaning how well you do is completely up to you teachers won't carry you through.

Hope this helped and I hope you enjoy this course as much as I have.
Good Luck!

HI,I am doing the subsidary diploma starting from next month. How many distinctions do i need to get in the nine units in order to get an overall distinction star.

Many Thanks x
Original post by AAL1111
HI,I am doing the subsidary diploma starting from next month. How many distinctions do i need to get in the nine units in order to get an overall distinction star.

Many Thanks x

Have you done an assigment on unit 19 on applied sociological perspective.

Latest

Trending

Trending