The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You won't, because you didn't last time
Personally i wouldnt, but whatever floats your boat.
Reply 22
Isn't that a bit unusual?
I hope this is a troll, but giving you the benefit of the doubt; there is one big flaw in your plan:

Bar codes are nothing more than a representation of numbers unique to a line item. Those numbers are not generic.

i.e. the code for say a bottle of 'Home Farms, 2 litre, semi-skimmed, 2% fat, milk' at Sainsbury, will only last as long as the store does not allocate that number code to a different product. That same code may call up 'de-worming tablets for dogs' in say Tesco, or most likely, nothing at all.

It most certainly will not work in any store other than Sainsbury, and even then, it will only work as long as Sainsbury does not change the code.

In essence, you would be branding yourself forever, with something that has a literally limited shelf life for both the product and bar code. It could work for two years in a Sainsbury store, or it could change the next day.

You could even be unlucky and find the code was changed while you were getting the tattoo, and when you proudly scan yourself for the first time, it comes up with 'Durex, extra safe, 6 pack.'
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Reue
Lol @ people replying seriously to this. OP makes a new thread about it every few months on new accounts.

This is known...
this is a direct contradiction of your username. Tattoos do not send signals to security scanners but you know that already
I just thought, instead of getting a barcode, why don't you get a QR code? That way everyone can scan you and you can link it to your social media page :awesome:
Why?
No. They're not really fashionable any more, a bit outdated, and the parallel lines and spacing will look terrible as your skin ages. You will have more of your life with it on, than you've had without it, and it will only look crisp for a very small proportion of that time.
To be honest I don't understand why people want to get tattoos but even if you do decide you want one, couldn't you get something better than a barcode?
What do you mean by get scanned? Do you mean like in a shop?
HAHAHAHA :biggrin: But wait that's cool actually! :smile:
Reply 33
Not necessarily in every sense.
Oh OK, why do you want that?
get it on your forehead
I assume it would look something like this??-
*I tried to upload an image but it doesn't come up
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah get it. Shave your hair and get it on the back so you look like hitman
Get one on your **** and whip it out at the till in Tesco.
You could always buy a couple of temp barcodes and wear for a couple of weeks and see what you think before committing. Here's a link to some really cool ones https://www.tattooforaweek.com/en/Temporary+Tattoos/Miscellaneous/Bar+Code.htm

Latest