The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yerrrp - Pretty sure i've got low AS results, and already have below par GCSE's. Definitely looking at a gap year and 2019 entry.
I am but it's for GEM so I'm not sure if it counts :colondollar:
i am hopefully GCSE results and a levels will go well
That's great! How are you guys preparing for the application? :smile:
I just got my O Level results because I lived in Pakistan for the last 3 years. Back in Manchester now. I got 2A*5A1B. A* in English Lang and Maths and A in sciences and compsci and Pakistan Studies. I'm giving 2 other subjects in October since 8 subjects is nowhere near enough for medicine here and I'll be resitting Islamiat which I got a B in. Hopefully will bring my stats up to 3A*7A. Do you think I'd have a chance with those grades?
Reply 6
Hi, I'm applying for 2019 entry too, however through access to medicine from Manchester( and ive checked which unis accept this :biggrin: ). Just need to resit maths GCSE to get it on par with the rest. To prepare i' aiming to volunteer in GHANA as a schoolteacher, at a primary school or around 6 weeks. And then volunteer again in Zanzibar at an hospital shadowing doctors for 2 weeks. And of-course volunteering at a hospital and GP ( hopefully), and maybe home-cares. Should i do more? Slightly worried though, as I've got to it all this around working, and studying to resit my maths, and preparing for UKCAT/BMAT, and o-course applying lol.Speaking of which hows everyone preparing for the UKCAT/BMAT?
Original post by Dann.It
Hi, I'm applying for 2019 entry too, however through access to medicine from Manchester( and ive checked which unis accept this :biggrin: ). Just need to resit maths GCSE to get it on par with the rest. To prepare i' aiming to volunteer in GHANA as a schoolteacher, at a primary school or around 6 weeks. And then volunteer again in Zanzibar at an hospital shadowing doctors for 2 weeks. And of-course volunteering at a hospital and GP ( hopefully), and maybe home-cares. Should i do more? Slightly worried though, as I've got to it all this around working, and studying to resit my maths, and preparing for UKCAT/BMAT, and o-course applying lol.Speaking of which hows everyone preparing for the UKCAT/BMAT?

I really don't think anyone for 2019 entry should be preparing for BMAT/UKCAT now. I have just started light prep for BMAT now and I'm 2018 entry. And your volunteering/ work experience is more than enough.
Reply 8
Original post by drapplepilot
I really don't think anyone for 2019 entry should be preparing for BMAT/UKCAT now. I have just started light prep for BMAT now and I'm 2018 entry. And your volunteering/ work experience is more than enough.

Hi,

Well yes you're right in saying that. And I guess my post implies that Ive began my preping for the admission tests. Which isn't that case, as I haven't even bought the resources. I was just curious as to how everyone else will be preparing for them. But I guess it could have been worded better. May I just ask how are you preparing for the BMAT
(edited 6 years ago)
meeeeeee.
Anyone happen to know if the GAMSAT is a requirement for all Universities for graduate entry medicine?
Thanks!
Original post by propagation
Anyone happen to know if the GAMSAT is a requirement for all Universities for graduate entry medicine?
Thanks!

No it's only a requirement for the universities that ask for it.
Reply 12
Hello!! Has anyone started any UKCAT practice yet?? I'm also in the 2019 applying batch
Original post by Dann.It
Hi,

Well yes you're right in saying that. And I guess my post implies that Ive began my preping for the admission tests. Which isn't that case, as I haven't even bought the resources. I was just curious as to how everyone else will be preparing for them. But I guess it could have been worded better. May I just ask how are you preparing for the BMAT

Just don't want others to worry like I did after GCSEs about admission tests even though they would be like more than a year away. I've started making physics notes because I can't remember a thing from GCSE physics. Soon I'm going to be using questions from the 700q bmat book,questions from bmat ninja (though I'm not sure if it going to be same as past questions), tsa and bmat past papers. I'm aiming to write as many essays as possible because that is going to be my weak point. This is all spread out until November so I'm not cramming and doing just enough each day.
Original post by drapplepilot
Just don't want others to worry like I did after GCSEs about admission tests even though they would be like more than a year away. I've started making physics notes because I can't remember a thing from GCSE physics. Soon I'm going to be using questions from the 700q bmat book,questions from bmat ninja (though I'm not sure if it going to be same as past questions), tsa and bmat past papers. I'm aiming to write as many essays as possible because that is going to be my weak point. This is all spread out until November so I'm not cramming and doing just enough each day.

How long ago was it since you'd done GCSE physics? Overall it sounds like a good plan. I'm planning on buying the GCP GCSE Bio, chem, and physics books, and slowly go over everything. As it has been a while since i'd sat those exams.

Original post by RiaP123
Hello!! Has anyone started any UKCAT practice yet?? I'm also in the 2019 applying batch

Eh wouldn't you say its slightly too early for 2019 batch to start practicing the UKCAT? :colondollar:
Has anyone decided on their universities?
Original post by Dann.It
Has anyone decided on their universities?

cambridge and UCL for now. Cambridge is my main university goal.
Original post by KnowledgeSeeker1
cambridge and UCL for now. Cambridge is my main university goal.

I also want to go to Cambridge but Edinburgh is ny second choice. I wrote a post earlier do you think I'll have a chance if I do well at a level
Original post by milalihan
I also want to go to Cambridge but Edinburgh is ny second choice. I wrote a post earlier do you think I'll have a chance if I do well at a level

omg! I also live in Pakistan. I also started a threadasking people if I have a chance. To be honest I think we have a chance. My subject choice for A levels is biology chemistry physics maths and sociology. I will drop sociology in A2. I believe we need all A* in A levels to be strong applicants.
Original post by KnowledgeSeeker1
omg! I also live in Pakistan. I also started a threadasking people if I have a chance. To be honest I think we have a chance. My subject choice for A levels is biology chemistry physics maths and sociology. I will drop sociology in A2. I believe we need all A* in A levels to be strong applicants.

Holy crap that's so cool. I can only give 4 subjects in the school I'm in now but where do you live?

Latest

Trending

Trending