The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milalihan
Holy crap that's so cool. I can only give 4 subjects in the school I'm in now but where do you live?

Actually most applicants get accepted with 3A's.
Holy crap that's so cool. I can only give 4 subjects in the school I'm in now but where do you live?

PM me. We can talk if you want.
I'm applying to 2019 entry however as a graduate ☺️
Original post by gradmed305
No it's only a requirement for the universities that ask for it.

Okay, thanks!
Hey everyone, nice to see some super keen people wanting to get into medicine!

I am a (soon to be) 3rd year at Cardiff medical school, and if anyone has any questions abut admissions, or medical school in general then feel free to ask away. There are loads of med students on this forum that will be very happy to answer any questions!

Hope you are all enjoying your summer break.
Original post by KnowledgeSeeker1
omg! I also live in Pakistan. I also started a threadasking people if I have a chance. To be honest I think we have a chance. My subject choice for A levels is biology chemistry physics maths and sociology. I will drop sociology in A2. I believe we need all A* in A levels to be strong applicants.

doing 5 a levels is a ridiculous idea and completely unnecessary
source: i just finished my a levels and got 3 offers for medicine
just a bit keen geezers hahahah
Original post by poppyb787
doing 5 a levels is a ridiculous idea and completely unnecessary
source: i just finished my a levels and got 3 offers for medicine

I watch cambridge medicine student's vlogs. There were videos regarding studies. They had 4A levels. Few cambridge colleges require 2A*2A for medicine. Like I said my main university goal is cambridge. Hence 4 subjects is what I really want to take. I am going to take AS sociology because its something I believe I should take and also I like it. On a short note I like all the subjects I'm taking.
Original post by _HopefulMedic_
I am fully aware that there is still over a year till we apply, but I just wanted to see if there are any like-minded people that will be hopefully applying to Med School next year for 2019 entry? :smile:

I'm also applying in 2019! Can't wait to start medicine !!! Have you got a uni in mind?
I watch cambridge medicine student's vlogs. There were videos regarding studies. They had 4A levels. Few cambridge colleges require 2A*2A for medicine. Like I said my main university goal is cambridge. Hence 4 subjects is what I really want to take. I am going to take AS sociology because its something I believe I should take and also I like it. On a short note I like all the subjects I'm taking.

Cambridge require A*A*A. There is no Medical School in the UK that requires 4 A-Levels.

If you're doing them because you enjoy them, however, then that makes more sense.

ok you do you and have fun with that
a levels are not like GCSEs and you will struggle with 5 even if you think a levels will be easy because you enjoy the subjects
getting the standard A*A*A is hard enough without additional subjects distracting you from the three you really need
also you may be given an offer depending on the number of a levels you took eg A*AAA instead of A*A*A which means you can't change your mind when it gets tough in the summer term 2019
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
Cambridge require A*A*A. There is no Medical School in the UK that requires 4 A-Levels.

If you're doing them because you enjoy them, however, then that makes more sense.

Thank you for sharing this information. I will definitely look at my subject choices again. 😊

My goal is also Cambridge . I will take Physics , Maths , biology and chemistry
If workload is too much I'll probably drop physics sadly.
I have a feeling soon I'll see a thread called medicine 3018
Reply 34
Original post by Dann.It
How long ago was it since you'd done GCSE physics? Overall it sounds like a good plan. I'm planning on buying the GCP GCSE Bio, chem, and physics books, and slowly go over everything. As it has been a while since i'd sat those exams.

Eh wouldn't you say its slightly too early for 2019 batch to start practicing the UKCAT? :colondollar:

I don't know I'm a little worried though because I think I may be rushed next summer
What did you guys get in GCSE?
What did you guys get in GCSE?

36A*s, did them in reception, 34 of them were full UMS
Got 29A*s at A level, full UMS in 22, completed them in year 2
And I've just finished my PhD from Harvard after doing an Msci at Cambridge, during which I found the cure to cancer
Do you think I have a chance of getting an offer? I am really worried that my application isn't up to scratch.

geez
Original post by sortmeoutgeezer
36A*s, did them in reception, 34 of them were full UMS
Got 29A*s at A level, full UMS in 22, completed them in year 2
And I've just finished my PhD from Harvard after doing an Msci at Cambridge, during which I found the cure to cancer
Do you think I have a chance of getting an offer? I am really worried that my application isn't up to scratch.

geez

I think you need some work experience but otherwise you should be fine
I think you need some work experience but otherwise you should be fine

I cured cancer geezer
Hi I'm applying for 2019 entry too, I was wondering if anyone has chosen some of the uni's that they want to apply to

Latest

Trending

Trending