The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by asdfghhjkl
Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, do you use oncampus accommodation? If so, how is it?

Most students stay at vista B, vista C or Covillea which is within 2mins walk to the uni. You can see how close those buildings are to the uni :smile: I think Covillea is the best in terms of environment and the facilities(gym, swimming pool). I stayed under the university accommodation and now I am staying privately in a flat shared with two others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Hi everyone! I am from Singapore and recently just applied for IMU Dentistry because I really want to get into Dentistry! Just wondering anyone can share with me about the application and interview process? Also, any idea how big is the cohort and what are the chances of getting in? I applied for the BDS - PDS :smile:
Original post by Wing:)
Gonna apply as long as I proceed to Sem 4. Really hope I won't fail 😂
I can't go to Australia or I hope I can go England, I want Leeds, Liverpool or Exeter. I don't really want Scotland and Ireland.
Are u studying at Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey im an imu student as well. PMS programme. I was wondering, after we finish the clinical years there do we come back to Malaysia for training (housemanship).
Is there a chance to do the training abroad?
Reply 43
Original post by wellit'sjustme
hey im an imu student as well. PMS programme. I was wondering, after we finish the clinical years there do we come back to Malaysia for training (housemanship).

Hello :smile: which batch are you in?
I am not Malaysian do I don't know about this. I know we can stay in Australis/UK/Ireland for the internship and if you are matched to Canada, you can do USMLE and get an internship post in the US.

Depends where you're at.
If you graduate from the uk, you'll be eligible for the foundation programme aka housemanship in the UK since you'll be graduating from the partner university.
Aussie abit difficult at the moment since they prioritise their own citizen regardless of whether you graduate from there or not.
USA has a different system whereby you need to do the USMLE to apply for residency so it's not guaranteed,
Final year msian here in the UK via direct entry with IMU friends :smile:
Original post by Jckc123
Depends where you're at.
If you graduate from the uk, you'll be eligible for the foundation programme aka housemanship in the UK since you'll be graduating from the partner university.
Aussie abit difficult at the moment since they prioritise their own citizen regardless of whether you graduate from there or not.
USA has a different system whereby you need to do the USMLE to apply for residency so it's not guaranteed,
Final year msian here in the UK via direct entry with IMU friends :smile:

i see thank you. :wink:
Hello :smile: which batch are you in?
I am not Malaysian do I don't know about this. I know we can stay in Australis/UK/Ireland for the internship and if you are matched to Canada, you can do USMLE and get an internship post in the US.

Im gonna start my second sem very soon. ME117. which batch are u in?
Reply 47
Im gonna start my second sem very soon. ME117. which batch are u in?

Sem 2 will be fun :smile: 116
Heyy Wing! Could you please do a pros and cons list for IMU? Also, how do you get into partner uni of your choice? What is that process like? (Besides passing all sems)
Reply 49
Hello , i m from pakistan. I found this conversation useful. I m welling to apply for coming sems in feb for psychology . Suggest me if its a good decision. I chose IMU for transfer program as per interest i want to study aboard with best ficilities. Personaly i m damn interested in medicine but its way to costly.. while this university help me achieve my dream goals. I got 70% in hssc.
Thank you for the reply 😊May I ask about how’d you go about prepping for the interview at IMU?
Hello!

I've received an offer for IMU Medicine (PMS) to commence in Feb 2018 but I would like to find out more about the matching process from IMU to the PMS and the chances of getting housemanship after heading back to Singapore after completing the course at the PMS. Are there any Singaporean graduates of the IMU-PMS programme who could tell me more?

I have other general queries with regards to the teaching at IMU and accommodation as well, would really appreciate if someone could help!

Thanks (:
Hey! If you’re looking for accommodation, feel free to PM me! I’m looking for housemates to share a unit at Covillea with. Will need 2 housemates as the unit comes with 3 bedrooms :smile:
Is it easy to get into a partnership university or are there chances of not getting in? And do you have to choose whether you want to go for the PMS program before you get into IMU or can you decide later on during your 2nd year or so?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Murshmallow
Is it easy to get into a partnership university or are there chances of not getting in? And do you have to choose whether you want to go for the PMS program before you get into IMU or can you decide later on during your 2nd year or so?

So what I've heard is that they will try and get you a place in some university no matter what but I'm not sure how true it is.

You choose whether you want to do the PMS program or the local program when you apply. But there are a lot of people I know who applied for the local program who are looking to change to the PMS program. Depending on the places available, I think it will be possible for them to change.

Sorry I don't have definitive answers to your questions but I hope this helped.
Original post by Jckc123
I understand your frustration but thats how the world works I guess.

Medicine shouldnt be revolving around how much you can afford it but rather how good you are at it. well, more schools are dropping out, even mine did a couple years back so the programme could end in the near future.

But money makes the world go round.
(I'm not a twinning student btw haha)

What do you mean by more schools are dropping out?
What do you mean by more schools are dropping out?

More partner schools are dropping from the IMU-PMS programme as compared to previous years.
IMU-PMS programme ensures you get allocated to a partner university but there have been different reasons why partner schools are withdrawing their places, e.g student quality, cost, wanting to take in more internationals via their direct route and etc.

and i saw you've asked wing, which is good cos she knows more regarding the imu-pms programme than me at the moment.
Original post by Jckc123
More partner schools are dropping from the IMU-PMS programme as compared to previous years.
IMU-PMS programme ensures you get allocated to a partner university but there have been different reasons why partner schools are withdrawing their places, e.g student quality, cost, wanting to take in more internationals via their direct route and etc.

and i saw you've asked wing, which is good cos she knows more regarding the imu-pms programme than me at the moment.

Thankyou, do you know roughly around how many partner universities have withdrawed from IMU in the last 5 years or so and that if there is any chance they might shut down the program itself?
Hello. I am currently studying at IMU. I would say the education isn't too bad here. It is a good uni for transferring. For me, I will be going overseas for my clinical years and get the degree from whichever uni I am going to, not the IMU degree.
The entry requirement for my cohort was ABB and I would say this is a lot easier than the uk unis. It is a good choice as backup and an easy route to get into the world class uni in the UK, Australia, Canada or Ireland (you cannot transfer to the country which you are considered as a local student). The conditions for transferring is passing the 5 semesters at IMU and getting 7 in all components for IELTS.
The interview here was pretty easy as well. Basically you can prepare for it.
Feel free to ask me more questions. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sooo sorry for bothering you but, Ive been hearing quite a lot of things about IMU and I wanted to get proper information from someone who is already there as a student.:smile:\
I just wanted to confirm how the quality of education in IMU is?

And whether the teaching faculty is good or not?

And that if you can decide to go for the PMS programme during your 2nd year or whether you have to decide from before applying to the university?

And that is you apply for the PMS programme are you guaranteed to get a spot in the university you want to move to?

And if you do decide to complete your education in Malaysia itslef, can international students do their housemanship in Malaysia?

Thanks in advance <3
Sooo sorry for bothering you but, Ive been hearing quite a lot of things about IMU and I wanted to get proper information from someone who is already there as a student.:smile:\
I just wanted to confirm how the quality of education in IMU is?

And whether the teaching faculty is good or not?

And that if you can decide to go for the PMS programme during your 2nd year or whether you have to decide from before applying to the university?

And that is you apply for the PMS programme are you guaranteed to get a spot in the university you want to move to?

And if you do decide to complete your education in Malaysia itslef, can international students do their housemanship in Malaysia?

Thanks in advance <3

I'll answer the bold part for her.

Under the MMC (medical council), internationals are unable to do their housemanship in msia even though you graduate locally.

This is a quote from a doctor who works in msia.
"Housemanship in Malaysia is not open for foreigners as you need to become a civil servant in order to do housemanship in Malaysia. Civil service are only for citizens." So, unless you marry a malaysian, it is not possible to do so.

Latest

Trending

Trending