The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Really sorry to hear this :cry2: but I can truly empathise. I had to put my eldest cat and my Yorkie to sleep within a year of each other due to cancer and it was beyond heartbreaking. 3 years on and I still feel overwhelming guilt. I feel like I should have done more, should have been able to cure them even though I know it's not possible but that's how you feel when you love someone - you feel guilty if you can't save them :frown: I still miss them and think of them every day. I dream about them most night too and in my dreams, the guilt comes through.
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so weird you mention dreams. The same thing happens to me too. I keep dreaming about finding my dog alive on some random street and my heart almost bursts with happiness. I tell him I'll do everything in my power to keep him safe and that I love him so much. And then I wake up and realise it was all just a dream. No one ever prepares you for how terrible it feels to have your pet put to sleep. I think of him everyday.
feel pressure to do something and it makes me feel sick thinking about it, im afraid of disappointing everyone
I wish I could cut to the part when everything is ok
I always give up on things. I formally withdrew from uni today. I feel like a complete failure.
Original post by AthiaKarim
You're not a failure

Thank you, but I really am. This isn't the first thing I've given up on; my whole life is a series of trying and failing and so giving up.
Original post by Sabertooth
Thank you, but I really am. This isn't the first thing I've given up on; my whole life is a series of trying and failing and so giving up.

That's just negative talking. You're not at all, don't give up on yourself just yet
i hate him. I ******* hate him.
Original post by Anonymous
I had my dog to sleep because he no longer enjoyed life and was very troubled. It was the worst day of my life and I wish I could turn back time and have him back. I made a terrible mistake and the guilt will be something I will have to live with forever.

Sorry to read this, if it makes you feel any better I was just about to post on here about my deceased dog. I feel the same as you but for a different reason. My dog was 18 years old and we had him for a pup, was very healthy throughout his life - minimal health issues. As he got older her started to slow down but he was happy and content. In the last couple of months he was not himself, he'd been peeing in the house (which wasn't an issue for us) but he was still fine, eating drinking fine, wanting to go for walks. I was in turmoil what to do, I didn't want him suffering but couldn't bear to let him go. He stopped eating but would eat bits of his favourites, then started eating again. I was constantly questioning what to do. Finally me and my partner made the decision to have one final night with him and take him vets because he was really confused. He passed away at home in his sleep but I constantly worry if I made him suffer or not. I am eaten up by guilt and everyday I break down crying, I feel like an evil person and worry I left it too late.
hmm i dunno
I wonder if I'd feel better if I just cut you out of my life? I can't be bothered anymore. I wish things would go back to the way they used to be
Sorry to read this, if it makes you feel any better I was just about to post on here about my deceased dog. I feel the same as you but for a different reason. My dog was 18 years old and we had him for a pup, was very healthy throughout his life - minimal health issues. As he got older her started to slow down but he was happy and content. In the last couple of months he was not himself, he'd been peeing in the house (which wasn't an issue for us) but he was still fine, eating drinking fine, wanting to go for walks. I was in turmoil what to do, I didn't want him suffering but couldn't bear to let him go. He stopped eating but would eat bits of his favourites, then started eating again. I was constantly questioning what to do. Finally me and my partner made the decision to have one final night with him and take him vets because he was really confused. He passed away at home in his sleep but I constantly worry if I made him suffer or not. I am eaten up by guilt and everyday I break down crying, I feel like an evil person and worry I left it too late.

You are not an evil person. Your dog was 18- he lived a very long life and was really old. What would the vet really have done? Intensive scans, surgeries or medication would probably not be the best thing for him anyway. Your dog passed away in his sleep in the comfort of his home. I think you can rest assured he knew he was loved and drifted his way to sleep. I am so sorry for your loss and your pain
I don't think most of my mates care if I never messaged them again. I'm always the one initiating conversations and I feel like I put everything into the friendships but get nothing out.

Also I hate where I live. It's so poor - there's nothing for me here. Barely anyone leaves school with amazing results, it's unsafe and it's dirty. But then I feel bad because all my family is here, and they can't afford to move.

I'm always really stressed/nervous/anxious about everything. I'm getting next to no sleep, losing weight and just making myself feel more lonely than I already am.

Sometimes I just don't see the point in trying at school and stuff. Most of the kids round here are given up on, I'll probably be next.

Lastly I really miss my dog. He got put to sleep in December for a stupid reason and he was my best friend. I miss him every day. He used to cuddle up to me and I used to take him everywhere. He'd been my best friend since I was 5 years old, and I didn't even get to say goodbye to him. We've got a new puppy now but she's not the same. I love her but she's not my best friend. I think my parents got her to replace him, and that's just not possible.
I hate the fact that I'm a sensitive guy and get emotional really quick .. it sucks that I always care for people more than they would ever care for me... with me, every feeling is intensified, happiness, sadness, depression, anger, love, excitement... I can't control my emotions and at times this makes me feel so alone :frown:
Global warming is one of the biggest threats our society faces, second only to Islam. Islam is evil. Racism is not institutionalized in the western world, so all you SJW's grow up and stop claiming white people oppress you and benefit when we all literally have equal opportunity in the western world. Unlike in the middle east, under Islam, which you all oh so ironically love to defend.

Oh, and if you eat animal products, be aware of all the suffering that goes on in animal agriculture,
You are not an evil person. Your dog was 18- he lived a very long life and was really old. What would the vet really have done? Intensive scans, surgeries or medication would probably not be the best thing for him anyway. Your dog passed away in his sleep in the comfort of his home. I think you can rest assured he knew he was loved and drifted his way to sleep. I am so sorry for your loss and your pain

Thank you for this, truly. I know he was loved and cared for but I just worried I made him suffer too long. I couldn't bear to let him go, I thought he wasn't suffering but I really wasn't thinking straight. I just hope, if there is such a thing as an afterlife he can forgive me :frown:
I wish I was better looking I am so tired of people being mean to me and making fun of my appearance and thinking they are better than me. Also I wish I had a good job and had more money.
I Love **** piercings especially prince albert damnn
I love d*ck piercings especially prince albert
Jeez, things here are really depressive and deep, like chill out, whatever your going through will pass and you will look back thinking: "Why did I worry about how things would turn out'.
Also can we have some more cheeky comments ?
There was this one time in primary school where I accidently grabbed a girl by her inner tigh and freaked out when she screamed something about being a pervert
I just want to have sex already, been waiting so long!!

Latest

Trending

Trending