The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham University and Christianity

Hi, I'm a sixth former considering going to Nottingham University. Is it a good University for Christians? Are there many Christians at the uni? Are the Christian unions any good?
Original post by ConvertedWinger
Hi, I'm a sixth former considering going to Nottingham University. Is it a good University for Christians? Are there many Christians at the uni? Are the Christian unions any good?

Moving this to the Nottingham forum :smile:

I don't know if the uni is 'good for Christians'. You're going there to study, nit just practice your faith. Whether or not the unions are any good will depend on what you want to get out of them. Have a look online here.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ConvertedWinger

Can't speak from experience since I'm an atheist. I've seen plenty of prayer rooms. Here are some links for the Nottingham University Christian Union:
http://www.nucu.org/
https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/societies/society/christianunion/
A couple of my flatmates would go to Christian Union events every now and then and they enjoyed themselves
Hi there the chrisitan union ia quite big with a worship session in the main buildings on campus happening evert friday. They also have christian bible studies in halls called 920 groups. In feb they host a range of events such as text a toastie and faith based topical questions. Throughout the year there is a bible study mainly targeted at international students but other people go too. There are also a number of good churches in the area.
Original post by atomickitten
Hi there the chrisitan union ia quite big with a worship session in the main buildings on campus happening evert friday. They also have christian bible studies in halls called 920 groups. In feb they host a range of events such as text a toastie and faith based topical questions. Throughout the year there is a bible study mainly targeted at international students but other people go too. There are also a number of good churches in the area.

Thanks that sounds intriguing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending