The Student Room Group
Original post by Quizlet
Hey everybody. :smile:

I want to hear your opinion. Do you think Britain's got talent/ American's got talent is fake? If so, what evidence is there to prove that the whole show is fixed?

It may not be fixed in terms of who wins. but it is definitely staged. Every year articles come out saying that the BGT producers contact certain acts to come on the show beforehand and sometimes they are already semi-famous via YouTube and are asked to come on the show for ratings.
Reply 2
The result isn't fixed, because the public vote, but like A LOT of Talent Shows it is heavily scripted and produced in such a way that a lot of is ''fake'''.
Reply 3
Original post by Cubone-r
It may not be fixed in terms of who wins. but it is definitely staged. Every year articles come out saying that the BGT producers contact certain acts to come on the show beforehand and sometimes they are already semi-famous via YouTube and are asked to come on the show for ratings.

Original post by Asolare
The result isn't fixed, because the public vote, but like A LOT of Talent Shows it is heavily scripted and produced in such a way that a lot of is ''fake'''.

Yes, I agree with both of these. It sure is scripted.
From what I've heard, shows like these have a preliminary to round 1, in which contestants are ranked from G1 to G4 (i.e. astounding to good) and then R1 to R4 (OK to terrible), and auditions are apparently very short. Only G1, G2 and then R3 and R4 contestants actually make it through to the "audition" stage we see on TV (I believe this happens on the X Factor).

I have also heard, as stated above, that some people who are already semi-famous on YouTube or whatever go onto the show and get very far, or even win, which is a bit crap.

They also encourage a lot of "sob story" contestants to come in to simply win public sympathy, and they tend to get further than they should.
Reply 5
This isn't BGT but this girl talks about her X Factor experience and you can find videos on YouTube for ones about BGt/AGT though I will warn you that these youtubers alwayssssss spend 2 minutes talking until they get to the point like this one does:

[video="youtube;99sE_0EWjr8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99sE_0EWjr8[/video]

Basically with X Factor there are 2 rounds done prior to TV where producers decide whether to let you through or not. So anyone who is going onto TV with a **** singing voice has clearly been put through by the producers on purpose. You can only sing for about 15 seconds in the first round before they decide whether to let you through.

Also the X Factor houses are rented and they can't bring food/water into the house and often have the AC off and it's just not a pleasant experience apparently.

The girl rambles at some point about a mark on her head so just skip over it.
Original post by Quizlet
Hey everybody. :smile:

I want to hear your opinion. Do you think Britain's got talent/ American's got talent is fixed? If so, what evidence is there to prove that the whole show is fixed or staged?

Partly as it's clear to see they let on certain people/groups for the views ect.
Reply 7
Original post by Asolare
This isn't BGT but this girl talks about her X Factor experience and you can find videos on YouTube for ones about BGt/AGT though I will warn you that these youtubers alwayssssss spend 2 minutes talking until they get to the point like this one does:

[video="youtube;99sE_0EWjr8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99sE_0EWjr8[/video]

Basically with X Factor there are 2 rounds done prior to TV where producers decide whether to let you through or not. So anyone who is going onto TV with a **** singing voice has clearly been put through by the producers on purpose. You can only sing for about 15 seconds in the first round before they decide whether to let you through.

Also the X Factor houses are rented and they can't bring food/water into the house and often have the AC off and it's just not a pleasant experience apparently.

The girl rambles at some point about a mark on her head so just skip over it.

I'll watch this :smile:

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Partly as it's clear to see they let on certain people/groups for the views ect.

Hi Cheese :hugs:, and you're absolutely right!

Original post by Fractite
From what I've heard, shows like these have a preliminary to round 1, in which contestants are ranked from G1 to G4 (i.e. astounding to good) and then R1 to R4 (OK to terrible), and auditions are apparently very short. Only G1, G2 and then R3 and R4 contestants actually make it through to the "audition" stage we see on TV (I believe this happens on the X Factor).

I have also heard, as stated above, that some people who are already semi-famous on YouTube or whatever go onto the show and get very far, or even win, which is a bit crap.

They also encourage a lot of "sob story" contestants to come in to simply win public sympathy, and they tend to get further than they should.

I definitely agree with the ''sob story'' sentence.

@AngryJellyfish what do you think? :hugs:
Original post by Quizlet
I'll watch this :smile:

Hi Cheese :hugs:, and you're absolutely right!

I definitely agree with the ''sob story'' sentence.

That's why I don't watch it lol :hugs: hello!!!
That's why I don't watch it lol :hugs: hello!!!

hehehe watch UC instead... that is not staged... or is it ? :afraid:
Original post by the bear
hehehe watch UC instead... that is not staged... or is it ? :afraid:

I have been watching! :smile: are you proud? :colondollar:
I scored particularly well in the Southampton game :ahee:
also they played so well!!!
Original post by Quizlet

I haven't watched X Factor in years, and haven't researched how much of it (if any) is staged or fixed... but I remember thinking it was AWFULLY suspicious that there was a problem with the phone votes for a lot of people in Wales during the year Rhydian Roberts was in the grand final.
Yeah it is to a certain extent.
The important thing is,whether it is fixed or not fixed,it is garbage anyway.
I have been watching! :smile: are you proud? :colondollar:
I scored particularly well in the Southampton game :ahee:
also they played so well!!!

vewwy pwoud yes i am delighted that you are improving your mind cheez :h:

southampton are awesome !
It's so staged and predictable that it makes me cringe tbh
Reply 15
Original post by lxlxlee
It's so staged and predictable that it makes me cringe tbh

Interesting, thanks for posting. :hugs:

Latest