The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Results Day and Clearing Q&A

Hi,

I'm an official representative for the University of Leicester. If you have any questions about Results Day or Clearing, please ask and I'll do my best to help :smile:

The number for our Clearing hotline is: 0116 373 6000. You can also visit our Clearing website for more information: http://www.le.ac.uk/clearing2017/

Shauna

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. What courses are available in clearing? I have been made an offer to study law but dont think i have made the entry requirement? I really want to study at this university, what course would be made available to a student who achieved BBC
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
How lenient will the University of Leicester be with grades?
Original post by rj1997
Hi. What courses are available in clearing? I have been made an offer to study law but dont think i have made the entry requirement? I really want to study at this university, what course would be made available to a student who achieved BBC

Hi,

You can find a list of the subjects we will have available through Clearing here: http://www.le.ac.uk/clearing2017/

A more detailed list will become available this evening.

Try not to panic about your grades, at the moment anything is possible and you may have done better than you think! If you do find yourself with unexpected grades tomorrow, give our team a call on 0116 373 6000 and they will be able to advise you on your options.

I hope this helps! :smile:

Shauna
Original post by MWills99
How lenient will the University of Leicester be with grades?

Hi,

During Clearing the entry requirements tend to vary, and may change throughout the day tomorrow.

What course are you applying for and what grades are you expecting?

Shauna :smile:
Reply 5
how fast do clearing places get filled up on results day? im worried that the lines will be so busy that by the time i get put through spaces for the course i want to do will all be filled up!
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi,

During Clearing the entry requirements tend to vary, and may change throughout the day tomorrow.

What course are you applying for and what grades are you expecting?

I'm applying for Mathematics BSC and I'm expecting to get ABC, with the A in maths
Original post by Elizba
how fast do clearing places get filled up on results day? im worried that the lines will be so busy that by the time i get put through spaces for the course i want to do will all be filled up!

Hi,

The speed that courses fill up on Results Day tends to depend on the popularity of the course. Please be assure that we have a large team working the Clearing hotline and they will answer all calls as swiftly as possible.

I'm applying for Mathematics BSC and I'm expecting to get ABC, with the A in maths

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know whether your grades will secure your place on the course, but fingers crossed and we're wishing you the best of luck!

If it does so happen that you don't achieve your desired grades, please don't panic! Give our Clearing hotline a call on 0116 373 6000 and a member of the team will be able to discuss your options with you.

Good luck! :smile:

Shauna
Hi I had uni of leicester down as one of my choices, but I didn't accept the conditional offer. If I were to not achieve my grades needed for my firm and insurance tomorrow, do I stand a better chance to be admitted to the course I declined from Uni Of Leicester in clearing, if I were to ring up?
Original post by MrProcrastinator
Hi I had uni of leicester down as one of my choices, but I didn't accept the conditional offer. If I were to not achieve my grades needed for my firm and insurance tomorrow, do I stand a better chance to be admitted to the course I declined from Uni Of Leicester in clearing, if I were to ring up?

Hi,

If you do end up needing to go through Clearing tomorrow, your admission onto a course will depend on your grades and whether we still have spaces on the course. If you do find yourself in this position tomorrow, give us a call on 0116 373 6000 and one of the team will discuss your options with you.

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Shauna
Reply 11
how many spaces are there per course? for example for biology?
Original post by Elizba
how many spaces are there per course? for example for biology?

Hi,

Unfortunately we will not know how many spaces each course has available until tomorrow.

Shauna
I would just like to know what time the clearing phone line will open.
Original post by FatimaPatel12
I would just like to know what time the clearing phone line will open.

Hi,

Our Clearing hotline will be open from 6.30am tomorrow morning :smile:

Shauna
Hi, i got a place a leicester today and I want to change my course from politics to politics and law, i rang and was told to email which i've done but do you know how long it will take to get a reply? the course i want to change to is in clearing and i dont want it to fill up
Original post by bestustar135
Hi, i got a place a leicester today and I want to change my course from politics to politics and law, i rang and was told to email which i've done but do you know how long it will take to get a reply? the course i want to change to is in clearing and i dont want it to fill up

Hi,

Thanks for emailing in. We can't say exactly how long it will take to get back to you but our teams are working hard to get through the enquiries as soon as possible.

Best,

Shauna

Did you get your place confirmed? Do you need any help with anything? Let us know :smile:

-Victoria
Official Rep
Original post by University of Leicester
Did you get your place confirmed? Do you need any help with anything? Let us know :smile:

-Victoria
Official Rep

Hi, my place was confirmed, thanks for your help:smile:
Reply 19
Hi!! I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what grades uni of leicester accepts through clearing for law? I have an offer of ABB but I am unsure as to whether i will meet thw offer conditions. Thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending