The Student Room Group

AQA disqualified my Law course for cheating

I stupidly cheated in my exams by including a model answer on a piece of lined paper which I had prepared beforehand and AQA correctly spotted the malpractice and disqualified my exams and that course. I have now failed the whole course but can I wonder if I still can get into Uni this year? I know I am a fool for doing what I did but I wonder if I can still go to Uni this year with just 2 A-Levels and not by doing a Foundation year..
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jon Stargaryen
I stupidly cheated in my Law exams and AQA returned the paper along with the lined piece of paper with information that I put in the exam booklet to say that I am disqualified. I know I am a fool for doing so but I wonder if I can still go to Uni this year with just 2 A-Levels and not a Foundation year

how were you cheating in the exam
Reply 2
Original post by jacklee123
how were you cheating in the exam

I was wondering the same thing, how the hell can you cheat on an exam? The invigilators are everywhere and their eyes are trained to spot cheaters!
Original post by The RAR
I was wondering the same thing, how the hell can you cheat on an exam? The invigilators are everywhere and their eyes are trained to spot cheaters!

yeah students cant even cough in a exam without the invigilators glaring at them and there are so many
Reply 4
I stupidly cheated in my Law exams by including a model answer on a piece of lined paper which I had prepared beforehand and AQA correctly spotted the malpractice and disqualified my Law exams. I have now failed the whole course but can I wonder if I still can get into Uni this year? I know I am a fool for doing what I did but I wonder if I can still go to Uni this year with just 2 A-Levels and not by doing a Foundation year..

I don't understand. Did you bring in the model answer and left it in the paper?
did you have notes written on your hands and arms or hidden some where on you
How on earth did you bring in a lined piece of paper with the correct model answer for the exact exam question that nobody is supposed to know until the day of the exam and leave it in the exam booklet, expecting not to be caught? Especially when the exam is completed in a booklet and not on separate pieces of paper? I'm very confused.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lxlxlee
I don't understand. Did you bring in the model answer and left it in the paper?

Aye, this
I stupidly cheated in my Law exams by including a model answer on a piece of lined paper which I had prepared beforehand and AQA correctly spotted the malpractice and disqualified my Law exams. I have now failed the whole course but can I wonder if I still can get into Uni this year? I know I am a fool for doing what I did but I wonder if I can still go to Uni this year with just 2 A-Levels and not by doing a Foundation year..

Depends on the uni in particular. You can only apply thru clearing by selecting tariff based offers as im sure you would have needed 3 A level equivalents to get into your uni course.

Are you willing to go to a uni you didn't favour going to in the first place or stick out another year before by retaking that exam or another subject and reapply for the next cycle? Your call man.
Aye, this

I can't believe you managed to get your piece of lined paper on the desk without being noticed :argh:
Original post by BigMan Ting
Depends on the uni in particular. You can only apply thru clearing by selecting tariff based offers as im sure you would have needed 3 A level equivalents to get into your uni course.

Are you willing to go to a uni you didn't favour going to in the first place or stick out another year before by retaking that exam or another subject and reapply for the next cycle? You call man.

Thanks. I was thinking clearing too. I might just have to do that, try go to a Uni I didn't really intend on going to in the first place. I definitely do not want to resit another year or go a year behind
So nobody even checked you when you entered the exam hall with a suspicious lined paper?
Also, if you are able to go to uni this year or in the future, depending on what you are going to study, you may have exams and if you are found cheating in those, there a variety of punishments that could be placed on you depending on your uni.

I hope you have learnt your lesson and it isn't something you will do again.
Original post by Evilstr99
So nobody even checked you when you entered the exam hall with a suspicious lined paper?

I had pocketed it
Original post by Muserock
Also, if you are able to go to uni this year or in the future, depending on what you are going to study, you may have exams and if you are found cheating in those, there a variety of punishments that could be placed on you depending on your uni.

I hope you have learnt your lesson and it isn't something you will do again.

Most definitely :frown:
Thanks. I was thinking clearing too. I might just have to do that, try go to a Uni I didn't really intend on going to in the first place. I definitely do not want to resit another year or go a year behind

How did you know that question was going to come up?
Did you smuggle other answers in? Did you cheat on other exams and get away with it?

Seems like you got off very lightly.

If you only have 2 A levels then your choice of unis will drop by a large amount.
You are under a duty to declare your fail and why. Presumably you are not going to and will lie?

Your best bet was to have done another A level and reapply next year, although you would have difficulty with your reference and declaration. If they find out you cheated then it wouldnt surprise me if they just turn you down. You seem a bit keen to get to uni this year at the expense of everything else. Poor approach.

What have your parents said? Did you know you had been caught?
I had pocketed it

Quite odd isn't it. Every exam I take, the invigilators would tell us to empty our pockets of papers, phones, notebooks etc before exam begins yet students would simply refuse to empty their pockets regardless.
Original post by Evilstr99
Quite odd isn't it. Every exam I take, the invigilators would tell us to empty our pockets of papers, phones, notebooks etc before exam begins yet students would simply refuse to empty their pockets regardless.

If they dont comply, then they can be ejected from the examination room.

I had never been asked to empty my pockets, until very recently. Thats many exams later.

Quick Reply

Latest