The Student Room Group

*2017 grade boundary spoilers*OCR-WHY I HATE YOUR GRADE BOUNDARIES

Dear OCR,
You're are a joke. OCR is the worst exam board ever! I took geography a level and the exams themselves were a damn bag of cr*p and then today I look at the grade boundaries and out of 200 to get an A you need 160 marks!!!! And this is for every single exam and I'm FURIOUS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess this is why the exam boards wanted to wait until results day before releasing grade boundaries.
Original post by gymcattaylah
Dear OCR,
You're are a joke. OCR is the worst exam board ever! I took geography a level and the exams themselves were a damn bag of cr*p and then today I look at the grade boundaries and out of 200 to get an A you need 160 marks!!!! And this is for every single exam and I'm FURIOUS!

160 raw or 160 UMS? If it's UMS, really not that deep.
Reply 3
Anyone got the OCR boundaries?
Try not to stress about it for now (easier said than done, I understand!) Your cohort have unfortunately been very hard done by with all the reforms, but everybody is in the same boat and it is entirely possible for universities to accept you even if you miss your offer. Best of luck for tomorrow.
But then there's Biology with 66% (179/270) for an A*.
Swings and roundabouts I suppose...
Dear OCR,

you said this was for every single exam did you mean every single OCR exam ?
Reply 7
But isn't Geography the old specification?

So surely no reforms should make any change to the grade boundaries for old A levels. I took Geography AQA.
Reply 8
Original post by Immunology
160 raw or 160 UMS? If it's UMS, really not that deep.

I think OP's confused.

First of all geography is unreformed so grade boundaries haven't even been leaked, only UMS grade boundaries are available which show 160/200 for an A as this is 80% of UMS. To back this up, he claims it's 80% for an A in every exam, hence he's likely talking about UMS.

OP, don't worry. It's UMS.
Original post by SGHD26716
I think OP's confused.

First of all geography is unreformed so grade boundaries haven't even been leaked, only UMS grade boundaries are available which show 160/200 for an A as this is 80% of UMS. To back this up, he claims it's 80% for an A in every exam, hence he's likely talking about UMS.

OP, don't worry. It's UMS.

Ah, thanks Woody.

UMS is bull, in my Biology A-Level it was like 63/100 raw marks for 90/100 UMS - leading to an A*.
Dear OCR,

Hi, can you tell me where to find the grade boundaries?
Please ignore this post everyone it was UMS! I'm feel like an actual idiot right now and I'm super stressed as I'm extremely nervous😩 😂
Reply 12
Please ignore this post everyone it was UMS! I'm feel like an actual idiot right now and I'm super stressed as I'm extremely nervous😩 😂

lol were your exam papers even 200 marks each 😂😂😂
lol were your exam papers even 200 marks each 😂😂😂

Haha, I just guessed that they were out of 100 each, I'm really nervous for my AS results tomorrow! (But I still agree with my statement that I hate OCR)
I guess this is why the exam boards wanted to wait until results day before releasing grade boundaries.

they are SSSSsss snakes
Reply 15
Original post by APersonYo
they are SSSSsss snakes

AQA trolled hard yesterday.

Had on their website the UMS converter will be updated at 12:01 today.

LOL
AQA trolled hard yesterday.

Had on their website the UMS converter will be updated at 12:01 today.

LOL

' The grade boundaries will be released on results day'

* Grade boundaries get leaked as *****
Reply 17
Original post by APersonYo
' The grade boundaries will be released on results day'

* Grade boundaries get leaked as *****

A school published people's exam results today.

You know you have those portal things where you can check attendance etc. They published them a day early 😂😂😂
I clicked onto this thread thinking it was for GCSEs and almost had a heart attack seeing the 160 for an A lmao
A school published people's exam results today.

You know you have those portal things where you can check attendance etc. They published them a day early 😂😂😂

That's ****ing hilarious AHAHAHA

Quick Reply

Latest