The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What is the muslim equivalent of the male hijab in the everyday life?

Yes, tell me. Is there even one?

I ask because recently I was at uni to meet with a personal tutor cos I've finally decided to enrol again. And whilst waiting for them I saw a lot of students come in. And I saw girls with the scarf and then I saw guys. I didn't even know they were together till one guy walked over to a girl to take some papers from her and handed it to a staff member. And turns out he's her brother.

But while she's in the head scarf thing and the long dress stuff they wear, he's got a trackie on and trainers and no scarf at all or nothing lol. And I see this a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a modern secular male Muslim wear anything special while the women in their lives do.

So I ask: what do modern secular young men wear to protect them from sin or whatever the hijab is for? Thanks. I come in peace :adore:.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A normal TSR exists behind all the results day mania.
Original post by SuperHuman98
x

I have seen that garb before but as I said specifically:

MODERN
EVERYDAY
SECULAR
YOUNG male.

I've never seen anyone who fits in the above wearing that and I have obviously seen more than ONE Muslim guy wear trackie. I've seen literally every Muslim around here wearing everyday western clothing whilst the women with them wear traditional stuff. Same with the kids, only the girl has traditional stuff, and sometimes the older people.

SO I ASK:

what do these guys wear equal to the hijab. The answer is: nothing.
Original post by SGHD26716
A normal TSR exists behind all the results day mania.

Just answer the question.

What is the male equivalent of the hijab? And what are you on about, results day?

The answer is, there is no male equivalent. Only the females have to wear garbs even in the western world.
Reply 4
Original post by Bang Outta Order

What is the equivalent of the hijab? And what are you on about, results day?

I'm not a Muslim so I don't have a clue.
Original post by SGHD26716
I'm not a Muslim so I don't have a clue.

Ok thank you. I'm not Muslim either and I still see that they don't wear anything special whilst the women wear hijabs.

What is the male equivalent of the hijab? And what are you on about, results day?

The answer is, there is no male equivalent. Only the females have to wear garbs even in the western world.

Calm down man.
There is no equivalent like you said yourself
Let people wear what try want
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Piers Morgan
Calm down man.
There is no equivalent like you said yourself
Let people wear what try want

Yes. I know there's no equivalent. Exactly. I'm asking a question and I want people to come to this inevitable conclusion themselves, that there is no equivalent for what men have to wear. And I would like to know why this is...why don't muslim males have an equivalent?

And I am calm but I don't like word games when I ask a simple question. Not saying you did this.
You already know the answer lol
I think some verses about women sometimes are translated as the hijab being required? The male rules are more sorta basic "keep the peen and knees away pls". Both have rules, but men don't have an equivalent head covering, no.

But while she's in the head scarf thing and the long dress stuff they wear,.

afaik many muslims think long dress stuff isn't technically a requirement. Females could wear trackies if they wanted

why don't muslim males have an equivalent?

Because muslims believe the Quran is the absolute word of God, who does not state that a male equivalent is required.
Reply 10
No.

When you go to school or uni or even the supermarket, do you see EVERY or MANY Muslim males wearing this? No!

I have seen that garb before but as I said specifically:

MODERN
EVERYDAY
SECULAR
YOUNG male.

I've never seen anyone who fits in the above wearing that and I have obviously seen more than ONE Muslim guy wear trackie. I've seen literally every Muslim around here wearing everyday western clothing whilst the women with them wear traditional stuff. Same with the kids, only the girl has traditional stuff, and sometimes the older people.

SO I ASK:

what do these guys wear equal to the hijab. The answer is: nothing.

Men- have to be modest by lowering their gaze. They have to cover certain parts on their body like their legs and not reveal.

Women cover their heads because they should be treated like a diamond as they are believed to be special and rare and should not flaunt their beauty as it's for their husbands :smile:

I'm not sure if this was help but you can always PM me. I'm not highly religious or knowledgeable xxx
Men can basically do what they want in Islam. Only women have to be controlled.
Original post by Lightpurple
You already know the answer lol

everyone knows the answer but no one on predominantly Muslim tsr wants to talk about it because it's not politically ****ing correct to point out backwards sexism in Islam

Original post by futuresomething
man just stfu and go to sleep, youre bored

No. I'm not sleepy. I don't wanna go to bed. I'm not going to bed! I wanna talk about it and we're gonna do it now! :fuhrer:.
Original post by maddyy_
Men- have to be modest by lowering their gaze. They have to cover certain parts on their body like their legs and not reveal.

Lies. I've seen Muslim dudes walking around shirtless in 20C weather chatting up random girls walking by. Please.
Original post by maddyy_
they should be treated like a diamond as they are believed to be special and rare and should not flaunt their beauty as it's for their husbands :smile:

That's disgusting. A woman is a human being with far more value than a f*cking diamond. "Good" objectification is still objectification, and still harmful and dehumanising.
Original post by maddyy_

Women cover their heads because they should be treated like a diamond as they are believed to be special and rare and should not flaunt their beauty as it's for their husbands :smile:

I'm not sure if this was help but you can always PM me. I'm not highly religious or knowledgeable xxx

Diamonds are worthless.
Yes, tell me. Is there even one?

I ask because recently I was at uni to meet with a personal tutor cos I've finally decided to enrol again. And whilst waiting for them I saw a lot of students come in. And I saw girls with the scarf and then I saw guys. I didn't even know they were together till one guy walked over to a girl to take some papers from her and handed it to a staff member. And turns out he's her brother.

But while she's in the head scarf thing and the long dress stuff they wear, he's got a trackie on and trainers and no scarf at all or nothing lol. And I see this a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a modern secular male Muslim wear anything special while the women in their lives do.

So I ask: what do modern secular young men wear to protect them from sin or whatever the hijab is for? Thanks. I come in peace :adore:.

Modesty for men is mentioned before women in the Holy Quran.
Original post by orderofthelotus
That's disgusting. A woman is a human being with far more value than a f*cking diamond. "Good" objectification is still objectification, and still harmful and dehumanising.

Ever heard of figure of speech?
Original post by orderofthelotus

It's actually very scary and manipulative. "You're too precious, so you have to be protected". By "protected," they mean shut away/prohibited from interacting with people.
Original post by theoneandonlybob
Ever heard of figure of speech?

It's not a figure of speech when you're treating a human being like a "diamond" that needs to be put away and kept safe by making them cover up. Miss me with this bull.

Original post by YaliaV
It's actually very scary and manipulative. "You're too precious, so you have to be protected". By "protected," they mean shut away/prohibited from interacting with people.

I know, I've been there. Nothing short of repulsive and vile.

Latest

Trending

Trending