The Student Room Group

Audit Associate Salary

Hi!

I'm weighing up an offer from Grant Thornton (Regional) to start a 3 year training contract as an Audit Associate. Whilst the starting salary is circa £20k, does anyone here know if that'll change much over the duration of the contract? I understand once you qualify you can be earning almost double that but is that a sudden jump or does it get there in increments year by year?

Cheers
It goes up every year for the Big 4 firms. Grant Thornton shouldn't be any different.
Reply 2
Original post by Legend15
It goes up every year for the Big 4 firms. Grant Thornton shouldn't be any different.

Are the yearly increases significant? Eg If I'm starting on 20k, how much could I expect to be earning the year after roughly?
Original post by w1ll1234
Hi!

I'm weighing up an offer from Grant Thornton (Regional) to start a 3 year training contract as an Audit Associate. Whilst the starting salary is circa £20k, does anyone here know if that'll change much over the duration of the contract? I understand once you qualify you can be earning almost double that but is that a sudden jump or does it get there in increments year by year?

Cheers

Small raise after one year, substantial raise after 2 years and bigger raise on qualifying is often the way (you don't really have much more market value until you're part qualified than as a fresh graduate).
Original post by w1ll1234
Hi!

Cheers

The yearly increases are very minimal at GT/BDO/RSM etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
20k is extremely low, have you considered other graduate schemes?
20k is rather low. Looking at 1k then 2k then a bump in year 3
Original post by verier

Original post by Skyewoods

Outside London it isn't for accounting in public practice...
Reply 8
I am a bit confused with this info:
https://www.big4careerlab.com/big-4-salary-guide/
What do they mean by 'Advisory' and what by 'Consulting'?

In PwC website, Advisory means strategy and management consulting.... It is quite confusing!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by verier

TSR's London contingent already out in force, I see.
Original post by verier
I am a bit confused with this info:
https://www.big4careerlab.com/big-4-salary-guide/

What do they mean by 'Advisory' and what by 'Consulting'?

In PwC website, Advisory means strategy and management consulting.... It is quite confusing!

That's in America. In the UK Advisory and consulting are the same
That's in America. In the UK Advisory and consulting are the same

Firm dependent, some firms split out financial advisory, risk advisory and non-audit assurance work as advisory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending