The Student Room Group

BTEC National Extended Diploma-Business

LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE DONE THE FIRST YEAR OF THE NEW BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED DIPLOMA (that comes with exams).

My questions:

1) If you are doing BTEC Extended National Diploma, in business or not, how did you find the exams (if you had any, that is).

2) For those who are doing this BTEC course, what are your thoughts on the "Create a marketing campaign" for the AR fantasy app game exam and the Finance exam?

3) Was it hard for you to finish your assignments/units within the 2 weeks deadline (for both draft and final submission)?

4) What do you want to do after leaving college? I want to do Accounting or a course that includes Accounting (like Accounting & Finance) in Uni.

5) How has your exp been so far doing this course or another BTEC National Extended Diploma

I know it literally is like hours away from A-level results coming out but I've got couple of questions that I would like other peoples opinion on. So, I'll say a bit about me:

I was an AS student last year, picked Maths, Chemistry,Physics and Accounting as my 4 A-levels. Couldn't really hack the exam style for the past papers even after doing well in mocks (assessment papers custom made by teachers) but flopped at the end of year AS papers for my sciences and barely getting decent grades for Accounting and Maths. I am no genius but not so thick headed either. In GCSE, I got 9 A*-Cs and 5 were A*-Bs.

After I received my disappointing results, I decided to change college and do something completely different. One thing led to another and after some careful research (all done in one night), I started my BTEC National Extended Diploma in Business. Currently, finished 1st year. Out of the 6 Units (4 assignments and 2 exams), I was told by my teachers that I would get 3 Ds and a M for my assignments.

If you have any questions for me, please ask away :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JDieMstr
Hey TSR peeps

I know it literally is like hours away from A-level results coming out but I've got couple of questions that I would like other peoples opinion on. So, I'll say a bit about me first:

I was an AS student last year, picked Maths, Chemistry,Physics and Accounting as my 4 A-levels. Couldn't really hack the exam style for the past papers even after doing well in mocks (assessment papers custom made by teachers) but flopped at the end of year AS papers for my sciences and barely getting decent grades for Accounting and Maths. I am no genius but not so thick headed either. In GCSE, I got 9 A*-Cs and 5 were A*-Bs.

After I received my disappointing results, I decided to change college and do something completely different. One thing led to another and after some careful research (all done in one night), I started my BTEC National Extended Diploma in Business. Currently, finished 1st year. Out of the 6 Units (4 assignments and 2 exams), I was told by my teachers that I would get 3 Ds and a M for my assignments.

Now, my questions for the peeps who were extremely patient enough to read all the way here:

1) If you are doing BTEC Extended National Diploma, in business or not, how did you find the exams (if you had any, that is).

2) For those who are doing this BTEC course, what are your thoughts on the "Create a marketing campaign" for the AR fantasy app game exam and the Finance exam?

3) Was it hard for you to finish your assignments/units within the 2 weeks deadline (for both draft and final submission)?

4) What do you want to do after leaving college? I want to do Accounting or a course that includes Accounting (like Accounting & Finance) in Uni.

5) How has your exp been so far doing this course or another BTEC National Extended Diploma?

If you have any questions for me, please ask away :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Why didnt you highlight it was just for people who had done the BTEC business exam in the first half ? You could have done that in one sentence. Nobody else can answer that and others would have saved themselves the effort of reading all that. That way you will get more responses.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Why didnt you highlight it was just for people who had done the BTEC business exam in the first half ? You could have done that in one sentence. Nobody else can answer that and others would have saved themselves the effort of reading all that. That way you will get more responses.

Ah crap....did not think of that, thanks for telling me. I'll re-arrange the structure of my post
Hello, I would be interested in what/any websites or books you found useful during your first year?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
Hello, I would be interested in what/any websites or books you found useful during your first year?

Thanks

What subjects are you studying/interested in? Most helpful books I found were CGP revision guides, especially for Maths lol not much help for sciences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending