The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhiteScythe
Turns out that the problem I'm having with my core practicals is a wider problem @Doonesbury, my school say everyone in the year passed.

Hopefully it's only this that's causing the issue and you've met the rest of your offer.
Original post by Steliata
Thanks vincrows, and thank you for the college recommendation 😉

Congrats. Which college did you get into?
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Sort of in a state of disbelief! My mum is kind-of an emotional mess. 😂

Thanks so much for all of the threads and everything Dr. Spencer! Really can't wait to thank you in person. 👏🏻 See you in October.

What did you get ? Do you know yet? 💕👏🏻📕
Original post by steven7891
My track still hasn't updated, I've sent my college my A level results even though I exceeded their a level offer. I'm a maths student so I took step and got 1,1,2 with 6 marks off the 1 in step 3. What is happening? If Cambridge reject me will I automatically get into my insurance? Is there anything I should do?

If you exceeded Cambridge's offer, then you should get confirmed. Be patient and contact them tomorrow, if you dont hear back.

If Cambridge rejects you and you meet the offer conditions from your insurance, then you will get confirmed there.
Original post by steven7891
My track still hasn't updated, I've sent my college my A level results even though I exceeded their a level offer. I'm a maths student so I took step and got 1,1,2 with 6 marks off the 1 in step 3. What is happening? If Cambridge reject me will I automatically get into my insurance? Is there anything I should do?

Call your college to find out what whether they'll accept you, put you in summer pool or release you to the insurance.

Your college is still reviewing people's marks to see whether they want to keep their narrow misses. Send in your actual marks to your college to (for A-levels) as they don't receive marks / UMS automatically.
Original post by zippidee
Are you at least sending your marks to your college? I saw on the other thread that you're still conditional, and there's always a chance that what you think is too far off might not be too far off.

The whole application system is really harsh, in my opinion - to have 2 options and no certain idea of where you're going until a few weeks before term begins is kind of ridiculous. I hope you get a firm answer soon and can process it.

I've sent it but I got mid to low As all round. Pretty certain York is where I'm off to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shamika
Hopefully it's only this that's causing the issue and you've met the rest of your offer.

Thanks I got the A* in chem as required my teacher told me but the other two I don't know :?
Original post by vincrows
:biggrin:

Spoiler

Which college did you attend?
Original post by Wired_1800
If you exceeded Cambridge's offer, then you should get confirmed. Be patient and contact them tomorrow, if you dont hear back.

If Cambridge rejects you and you meet the offer conditions from your insurance, then you will get confirmed there.

They haven't; for maths the STEP paper is more important. Hopefully the advice I've given will help but they're going to have to be patient as they may get pooled
Congrats. Which college did you get into?

Selwyn! Nobody knows much about it but it's lovely and doesn't get harrassed by the Tab 😂

:biggrin:
I usually try to keep neutral stance on colleges, but I really like your new home.

Spoiler

Weird, though, none of ex-Cambridge in my family was there. :tongue: But other people I know really liked it and I'd much prefer to be at a college which is not in the town centre.:wink:

Thanks vincrows 😂

Spoiler

Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
there will be a fair amount of activity in the Summer Pool (not masses but a bit more than normal I expect) so things aren't finished yet..

Interesting....
Is it because of the new A-level reform?
Was it like that when they introduced A* for the first time? My daughter was the second batch of students after the introduction of A*, so I've been wondering what sort of effect/s reforms like that would make on universities' admissions, esp. after a result days.
Original post by WhiteScythe
Thanks I got the A* in chem as required my teacher told me but the other two I don't know :?

Did you manage to get hold of anyone in your college to let you know what the issue is? If you haven't already, call / email them with confirmation of the A* in Chemistry. And see if your teacher can get you your other results.

Best of luck. Still hopeful it's the admin issue with practical marks recorded as fail on UCAS.
Original post by shamika
They haven't; for maths the STEP paper is more important. Hopefully the advice I've given will help but they're going to have to be patient as they may get pooled

Ok
Original post by Steliata
Selwyn! Nobody knows much about it but it's lovely and doesn't get harrassed by the Tab 😂

Thanks vincrows 😂

Spoiler

Selwyn is a nice College. Well done
Congratulations to all... any mature students?
Which college did you attend?

I didn't. I had all my education, including university, in a country I'm originally from.

Spoiler

Original post by Obiejess
I've sent it but I got mid to low As all round. Pretty certain York is where I'm off to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't believe we live in a world where AAA can make you feel **** on results day.

It might take some time to adjust, but York is an incredible city (I applied to York St. John when I first used UCAS, because I really wanted to live in York but I didn't meet the foreign language requirements of the University of York for their English degree). I know a few people who went there (one when she didn't meet her Oxford offer) and the both loved their time there, have jobs and lives now, have friends they met there and wouldn't want to be without - if you do go there I'm sure you'll enjoy the course and the city and hopefully be able to look back on your results with the pride that you deserve to have.
Original post by Obiejess
Never thought it would feel this **** to go to such a great uni. Wish I got rejected in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly AAA is excellent. I know you feel **** now. I happen to admire you for posting on here today, many wouldn't 😜. You are actually brave.

Now Cambridge is excellent BUT it isn't everything. What you have to remember is that there are over 300,000 students opening results today and we regular posters on this thread are an absolute tiny minority. We are definitely not representative of the student population as a whole. I sometimes wonder if we are all a little guilty of raising expectations on what it is like at Cambridge or any other RG university.

Now in reality there is very little difference between AAA and let's say A*AA and future employers will really not give a hoot. So I hope you will come to realise today that. " Hey I got AAA and am going to a fantastic uni, York I think?

When you get there in October you will meet loads of people just like you. I go to Durham ( the rejects uni) and we laugh and joke about our Oxbridge experience ( all different). I can honestly say that none of us would swap our uni right now and we have laughed about it.😜

There are advantages of not going to Oxbbridge too, I'll let you discover those for yourself. 😜

So I say congratulations to you, go to York and this time next year I guarantee you will be smiling about this. Very best wishes.
(edited 6 years ago)
I didn't. I had all my education, including university, in a country I'm originally from.

Spoiler

You are a Cambridge alum by association then. Cambridge runs through your family.

Nice one
You are a Cambridge alum by association then. Cambridge runs through your family.

Nice one

5 Cantabs from 4 different colleges.........
Can you imagine how our Xmas lunch is like?
Even worse, 3 of them were rowers, each for a different college......... Go figure......

:tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending