The Student Room Group

What does End1 or End2 mean on results sheet?

On results sheets there's columns like Grd1, Mark Equiv.. but what do End1/End2 mean?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luckystars
On results sheets there's columns like Grd1, Mark Equiv.. but what do End1/End2 mean?

grades are the important bit, are end 1 and end 2 numbers?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
grades are the important bit, are end 1 and end 2 numbers?

No, got a P under End1
Reply 3
Does anyone know? :frown:

Hope it doesn't mean I'm in trouble
Reply 4
@claireestelle any ideas? :frown:

Do you have a picture of the results sheet? I believe it's just your UMS mark
@claireestelle any ideas? :frown:

Afraid i've had no luck finding you an answer, my only thought is that it could just mean pass perhaps.
Reply 7
Afraid i've had no luck finding you an answer, my only thought is that it could just mean pass perhaps.

yeah possibly, but there's nothing for my other reformed subject haha. thanks though!

Original post by Sacred Ground
Do you have a picture of the results sheet? I believe it's just your UMS mark

no it's not UMS, just a letter (P) by a reformed subject
Reply 8
yeah possibly, but there's nothing for my other reformed subject haha. thanks though!

no it's not UMS, just a letter (P) by a reformed subject

It means Pass, as you've passed the practicals for your subject.
Reply 9
Original post by JezDayy
It means Pass, as you've passed the practicals for your subject.

Ohh thank you so much!!
But what does it mean when you get an M or a D? I have no idea what it means
Reply 11
If you have P,M,D under end1 it means in a module you got pass,merit or distinction. E.g. Next to English lang you would get a letter under end1 for your speaking and listening.
Original post by Lois 0
If you have P,M,D under end1 it means in a module you got pass,merit or distinction. E.g. Next to English lang you would get a letter under end1 for your speaking and listening.

Thank you!
Me and my cousin both got 5's in English Language but I got a P and she got a D?
Original post by AbbsReeve
Me and my cousin both got 5's in English Language but I got a P and she got a D?

I think it's probably for the English Speaking exam we were made to do.
If you got a P and your cousin got a D, it means your cousin's english speaking is a lot better than what you did, sorry :biggrin: If it makes you feel better, I suck at english and got a P aswell.
Reply 16
so is a P good does it mean you have passed
Reply 17

End1 , End 2 are short for endorsement 1, endorsement 2.
Some subjects eg. English Language GCSE (speaking endorsement) has endorsements where you get a P, M, D for pass, merit, distinction, which doesn't count towards the grade you actually get.

Similiarly Science A Levels have the practical endorsement that comes up in these columns, but these are only pass-fail
End stands for Endorsement. A few subjects have an added bit (like the speaking and listening in GCSE English Language) called an endorsement. Some can just be P for Pass, others can be D, M or P (Distinction, Merit or Pass.)
Reply 19
No, got a P under End1

I believe that’s a pass on another unit of work in the subject. For example I had a D for a destinction in my English language category, which was for a speech that I did

Quick Reply

Latest