The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my predictions for my ums were way off, especially in S3 and FP2 where high boundaries stopped me from getting an A*
My UMS: D1 - 84 (70), FP1 - 100 (100), FP2 - 80 (96), S1 - 91 (85), S2 - 100 (96) & S3 78 (90). actual (predicted)
Think my raw marks were 70 in FP2 and 66 in S3, so I'm a bit peaked out not to get an A*
Does anyone know how long it takes for colleges to get back to near-misses?
Original post by vincrows
5 Cantabs from 4 different colleges.........
Can you imagine how our Xmas lunch is like?
Even worse, 3 of them were rowers, each for a different college......... Go figure......

:tongue:

I hope none was at St Johns, that would be sad :biggrin:
Original post by Wired_1800
I hope none was at St Johns, that would be sad :biggrin:

Of course not!!

Original post by Steliata
Selwyn! Nobody knows much about it but it's lovely and doesn't get harrassed by the Tab 😂

Thanks vincrows 😂

Spoiler

Gosh! We're neighbours:biggrin:
Of course not!

Great! :smile:
Original post by Cheryl____C
Gosh! We're neighbours:biggrin:

Which college did u get into?
Which college did u get into?

Newnham, just next to Selwyn
Original post by mehokay
Does anyone know how long it takes for colleges to get back to near-misses?

You should hear today or tomorrow. If you're being put in the pool you will be told today and find out the results tomorrow in most cases, but it may be over the weekend.
Original post by Cheryl____C
Newnham, just next to Selwyn

Nice, well done
Great! :smile:

:biggrin:

But unfortunately, and even worse, our God son chose to go to oxford......partly because his dad was at Cambridge on the same course as his.....:tongue:
Nice, well done

:h:
Sorry to ask so many questions guys, just trying to deduce what is happening! Last one I promise; Imperial made me an unconditional offer on the 12th of August. I had to get an A in physics for that (to study physics and an A* in f maths as the only requirements). If they made me an unconditional offer, does that mean I got these or that they will accept say a B in physics? Many thanks and congratulations to everybody, regardless, you all worked hard and anyone can have a bad day!!
:biggrin:

But unfortunately, and even worse, our God son chose to go to oxford......partly because his dad was at Cambridge on the same course as his.....:tongue:

Oh my God!!! Noooo. He has to explain to the Elders, why he chose to venture into enemy lands. :frown:

I hope he is happy with a 2nd rate education without the proper academic preparation that Cambridge would have given him. :smile:
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
You should hear today or tomorrow. If you're being put in the pool you will be told today and find out the results tomorrow in most cases, but it may be over the weekend.

Thanks for your response!
How will we be notified? Will it be through UCAS or via phone etc...
Original post by WhiteScythe
Sorry to ask so many questions guys, just trying to deduce what is happening! Last one I promise; Imperial made me an unconditional offer on the 12th of August. I had to get an A in physics for that (to study physics and an A* in f maths as the only requirements). If they made me an unconditional offer, does that mean I got these or that they will accept say a B in physics? Many thanks and congratulations to everybody, regardless, you all worked hard and anyone can have a bad day!!

I suspect that you have got an A or A* in physics... :smile:
Original post by WhiteScythe

Hi,

My understanding is that once a university has issued an unconditional offer to you, it is very unlikely that they will reconsider their offer.

I dont think that you should worry. If you are too worried, then contact Imperial. If I were you, I would be focusing on preparing for uni rather than worrying about the "what ifs"

All the best.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so proud of you and this whole journey you've been on, enjoy the celebrations :smile:
Original post by mehokay
Thanks for your response!
How will we be notified? Will it be through UCAS or via phone etc...

UCAS will update but you might get a call or email first.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
UCAS will update but you might get a call or email first.

So if we don't get an update on UCAS or a call or email by tomorrow, should we assume that the University hasn't agreed to accepting us? Or will the university be in touch regardless of the decision?

Latest