The Student Room Group

Confirmed at uni but waiting on GCSE result?

I have a confirmed place at my first choice, I've just checked UCAS track however I am still waiting on GCSE resit result.
Will they change this if I don't meet the required grade?
Original post by olivialexie
I have a confirmed place at my first choice, I've just checked UCAS track however I am still waiting on GCSE resit result.

give them a call as they can't have your gcse result yet, it could be possible that they decided to accept you regardless.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
give them a call as they can't have your gcse result yet, it could be possible that they decided to accept you regardless.

They also sent me an email last week saying they were waiting for the GCSE result before making any decisions which is why when I looked at Track it shocked me a little and I got a congratulations email from the Uni themselves. Very odd.

Hi
Your place at uni is highly likely to be confirmed if it has shown up on your UCAS. I knew that I was accepted into university before I went and collected my A level results. My results were below what my firm choice uni was originally asking for, but I still got into uni!
All the best
They also sent me an email last week saying they were waiting for the GCSE result before making any decisions which is why when I looked at Track it shocked me a little and I got a congratulations email from the Uni themselves. Very odd.

definitely give them a call just incase.
Original post by claireestelle

Yes definitely give them a call if you are not sure, it's always best to clarify the decisions. Good luck!
Reply 6
Just contacted them- they confirmed my place regardless of what results I get for GCSE. :-)
Just contacted them- they confirmed my place regardless of what results I get for GCSE. :-)

Fantastic! Well done and I wish you all the best with university study!

Quick Reply

Latest