The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths - 20th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dx31
omg im gonna cry how are they so high

Cos everyone probs did really well.
And it seems like it was legit after all.
Results for the FSMQ come out on the 24th right?
Original post by sivthasan
And it seems like it was legit after all.

:sad: Think that might have cost me my A :frown:
Original post by AnonStudent2
Results for the FSMQ come out on the 24th right?

Your school will have been sent your results. It's up to them if they give them out today or wait until next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the FSMQ is the only thing we did on OCR and it's not a GCSE or A-level, does it have to be declared in a year or so when we do our uni admissions?
Anyone got their results today? I don't think I'll get mine until next week because of my school.
Original post by zfp
If the FSMQ is the only thing we did on OCR and it's not a GCSE or A-level, does it have to be declared in a year or so when we do our uni admissions?

Yes you have to declare it when you apply for uni or your place can be withdrawn as the application would be fraudulent (in the most serious cases)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A in this. So pleasedd !!! What did you guys get?
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I got an A in this. So pleasedd !!! What did you guys get?

Well done! Not sure what I got yet...don't think we get them today but when I get home I think I might email the HoD to ask if we can have them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe I got an A! I was expecting a B but I must have just scraped it :smile:
Original post by gs--xa
Can't believe I got an A! I was expecting a B but I must have just scraped it :smile:

Well done! :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Well done! Not sure what I got yet...don't think we get them today but when I get home I think I might email the HoD to ask if we can have them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot. Hope u get the best grades
Hi everyone - I've just joined The Student Room and this is my first post!

I am 15 yrs old and home educated. I found the exam harder than I expected so was really pleased to open the letter this morning and find out that I got an A!

Best of luck to you all.
Well done to all of you who got A's, the hard work paid off!!!

Personally I'm not too desperate to get it back, as I'm concerned more about my GCSEs, however an A will definitely be helpful with my UCAS application.
Original post by Lemur14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by sivthasan
Well done to all of you who got A's, the hard work paid off!!!

Personally I'm not too desperate to get it back, as I'm concerned more about my GCSEs, however an A will definitely be helpful with my UCAS application.

Best of luck to the both of you! :smile:
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Thanks a lot. Hope u get the best grades

np :smile: Thank you!
Original post by Tobbins
Hi everyone - I've just joined The Student Room and this is my first post!

I am 15 yrs old and home educated. I found the exam harder than I expected so was really pleased to open the letter this morning and find out that I got an A!

Best of luck to you all.

Well done! :congrats: Thanks :smile:
Original post by gs--xa

Thank you!
Original post by gs--xa

Thank you! :smile:
Well given that my school closes at 2pm I think that's another week to wait then :sadnod:
Got an A and am very happy. Waiting for my raw mark which should be emailed to me soon.

Would just like to point out that perhaps the grade boundaries are higher than before as schools with students that are less capable may have decided to drop the course with the introduction of the 9-1 GCSE maths that is harder than before. As a result, the boundaries are higher as the proportion of A's etc. is roughly the same but there are only more capable students taking it.
Original post by KD_1608
Got an A and am very happy. Waiting for my raw mark which should be emailed to me soon.

Would just like to point out that perhaps the grade boundaries are higher than before as schools with students that are less capable may have decided to drop the course with the introduction of the 9-1 GCSE maths that is harder than before. As a result, the boundaries are higher as the proportion of A's etc. is roughly the same but there are only more capable students taking it.

Well done!
Wow...that point was a complete revelation to me :lol: Probably should have thought of it...but looking at the exam statistics entries are down around 3000 and despite the high grade boundaries the percentage of entries getting each grade is up significantly so that is the answer. 49.45% of people getting As though...wow! Slightly concerned about what my classmates will have got now though as some of them were struggling to get out of the 40s and were hoping for Cs...hopefully they did better in the real exam!

Quick Reply