The Student Room Group

What level apprenticeship should I look for?

I am looking for an ICT apprenticeship and I have just got my a level results. I have got a distinction * in btec level 3 ict so what level apprenticeship should I look for? Intermediate or advanced? Thanks
Original post by _Jason_1
I am looking for an ICT apprenticeship and I have just got my a level results. I have got a distinction * in btec level 3 ict so what level apprenticeship should I look for? Intermediate or advanced? Thanks

look into advanced apprenticeships, they are level 4 qualifications

You should actually aim for Higher Apprenticeships if you can, which are equivalent to a Foundation Degree or do a Degree Apprenticeship where you would be able to get a BA or BSc degree. Intermediate Apprenticeships are equivalent to 5 GSCE passes and Advanced Apprenticeships are equivalent to 2-A-Levels passes.

Original post by claireestelle
look into advanced apprenticeships, they are level 4 qualifications

Advanced Apprenticeships are Level 3, Higher Apprenticeships are Level 4 and 5 :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by squirrology
Advanced Apprenticeships are Level 3, Higher Apprenticeships are Level 4 and 5 :smile:

opps sorry squirrology.
Reply 4
Thankyou both. I have looked at apprenticeships at that level squirrology but a lot of them require experience or knowledge that i haven't got but I will look around at more sites. Thanks again 😊
Thankyou both. I have looked at apprenticeships at that level squirrology but a lot of them require experience or knowledge that i haven't got but I will look around at more sites. Thanks again 😊

The funny thing is I also just finished a BTEC level 3 in ICT and I am going to be doing a Degree Apprenticeship at a top 10 global management consultancy firm this September - the skills and knowledge I gained in the course is what really helped me pass my three interviews and assessment centre stage and actually get a place on the degree apprenticeship programme in the first place.

Depending on the employer, it sometimes doesn't matter if you do not have experience or knowledge in the specific field because they will teach you what you need to know, sometimes they just want to see that you have a genuine interest in the IT industry in general, however, having an IT qualification is essential. My Apprenticeship employer emphasised the idea that it doesn't matter if you do not have experience in the field but as long as you have a real interest in technology and the willingness to build skills within the area.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
oh ok I never knew that. I've been quite anxious that I won't be good enough so this has given me more confidence. Thanks again

Just tagging in Apprenticeships Advice for help

Hi,

An Advanced apprenticeship is Level 3, that is an A Level equivalent.

If you wish to progress your qualifications (acheive the qualification above ALevel) you could look at Higher Apprenticeships Level 4, as they are the next step up from A Levels.

If you try using this link below and search for your prefered apprenticeship, you can filter you results to preferences, location and level.

https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

For interest the level break down is:

Intermediate- Level 2

Advanced-Level 3

Higher- Level 4

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 9
thankyou this will help a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending